Head of Franchise Performance
Head of Franchise Performance
Head of Franchise Performance – United Kingdom
Region: Northern UK
Ready for a fresh, new career? Look no further because one of the world’s most iconic brands can help you get there.
Why Join Us?
At Subway, “better” is baked into our DNA. We are a brand that believes in continued improvement … in our lives, our businesses, and our planet. From the handshake that started our very first sandwich shop to earning our position as one of the world’s leading restaurant brands, we’ve always embraced change and the path ahead. And today, we're making better living way easier.
Our purpose is about more than the food we serve in our restaurants. It’s centered on fueling healthy businesses and healthier lives. It is one of the most exciting times to join the Subway team and contribute to our transformational journey.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity to support our UK team as a Head of Franchise Performance. The Head of Franchise Performance will lead and set goals for a team of Manager Franchise Performance (MFP’s). Overseeing a portfolio of 400+ restaurants. In addition to the responsibilities outlined in assigned territory, coach MFP’s & Subway multi-unit franchise owners on increasing sales and profitability and thereby enabling them to grow their portfolio. Works with Director Franchise Performance to deliver the Business Units strategic objectives; supports translating the Business units’ objectives into centralized operational priorities and plan. Partners with Business Unit leaders and operational teams to define necessary budget, resourcing and logistics management needed to effectively support planned restaurant openings, projected sales, and new product/innovation implementations. Leads resourcing and planning coordination of the MFP teams across the territory, supports Operations excellence, development & coordination teams in delivering business plan goals to ensure alignment and operational support for the franchisees.
If you feel that this is the role for you, and you are successful with your application, be ready to be Bold, Empowered, Accountable, and ready to have Fun in a fast paced and agile working environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Building Sales & Profits:
- Ensures Manager Franchise Performance (MFP) teams are imparting SOPs guidance and education during Restaurant Visits: through shadowing, training, coaching and demonstration, as required.
- Reads and reviews monthly evaluations performed by the MFPs to ensure they are consistently documenting adherence to Company standards, improvements made, areas of opportunity, direction on how to improve and goal setting.
- Coaches and trains the team to effectively evaluate how the restaurant is performing compared to SUBWAY policies and procedures, analyze sales, and cost data and provide specific customized direction to improve in these areas.
- Drive single unit sales, multi-unit sales and development plans to ensure company goals are met.
- Lead meetings with their team to help prioritize opportunities and continued advancement in the organization.
- Train and mentor other field team members in different territories outside their own.
- Fully understand the current business climate of the hospitality and QSR industry and ability to adapt to new initiatives.
- Reviews marketing plans and tracking performance of team.
- Oversees training programs within the territory to strengthen operations.
Building Restaurants (for their territory):
- Assists Director of Franchise Performance (DFP) & Director of Development with Site Reviews and training MFP’s on-site Reviews.
- Provide direction and proficiency to MFPs, franchisees, and staff regarding New Store Openings & Transfer Training Hours.
- Work with development & MFP teams to identify white space.
- Support in the Franchise owner remodel and/or relocation process.
- Work with development & MFP teams in identifying potential candidates for growth and potential transfers.
- Oversee & assist in new store openings as required.
- Nurture relationships with existing multi-unit franchisees and support their expansion plans.
- Help to determine the readiness of the location to open based on their assessment of the operation Guide MFP’s to timely complete an opening Evaluation, opening photographs, and opening hours log and submit to Headquarters.
- Develop productive working relationships with franchisees, territory team members, Business Unit teams.
- Coach MFP’s & MUO's to reach individual store and territory goals.
- Support MFPs to train franchisees, managers, and store employees regarding Company goals and initiatives.
- Build Territory Relations and franchisee’s overall rating of performance for both the MFP and territory by communicating with franchisees via voicemail, e-mail, territory meetings, individual franchise meetings and written communications.
- Assist Managing Director and Headquarters staff, as needed.
- Leads Territory meetings, listening groups & meetings for MUO’s with 5-15 stores.
- Manages a team of Manager Franchise Performance (MFP) by giving ongoing guidance and support, continuous feedback, and one-on-one job training.
- Assist in reaching territory goals by guiding each MFP to effectively influence in their assigned area including but not limited to store operations, store profitability, sales building, and marketing.
- Completes related HR duties as assigned including employee development, performance evaluations, performance plans, corrective action and interviewing new hire candidates as needed.
- They will also onboard new hires as well as oversee their training in the field.
- Applies designated training programs to develop new skills.
- Participates in all scheduled training classes, including on-line & cloud-based training, must be available to travel to training sessions nationally and internationally, field meetings, conventions, and staff meetings as well as other company territories.
What do we Offer?
- Medical and Life Insurance Reimbursements
- Competitive Bonus
- Mobility Allowance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Holidays
- Employee Resource Groups
- Volunteering Time
- And Many More....
Actual pay is determined based on a number of job-related factors including skills, education, training, credentials, qualifications, scope and complexity of role responsibilities, geographic location, performance, and working conditions.
- Job Family SMO- Field
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree