Coordinator, Site Merchandising
Requisition ID: 181066
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: E-commerce Mktg. & Digital Experience
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: Sobeys Innovation Hub
Postal Code: M5V 1X6
Our family of 131,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1,600 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
Ready to Make an impact?
We are seeking a Coordinator, Site Merchandising to join our team, responsible for managing and optimizing digital assets and content on our online platforms. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail, strong project management skills, and exceptional copywriting and editing abilities. From sourcing and organizing digital assets to coordinating web content updates, this role plays a crucial part in enhancing customer engagement and supporting vendor program commitments.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Source, edit and organize digital assets.
- Review, upload digital assets and process in Enterprise Digital Asset Management system (eDAM).
- Review submitted content, edit content for grammar and approved style, prepare files for upload and publication.
- Review and enrich articles in Product Information Management System (PIM).
- Source accurate, Canadian content to enrich prioritized articles, brands or categories.
- Assist in reports for analytics and status reporting.
- Basic HTML editing (text, urls)
- Contribute to process review and development.
- Coordinate web content and product updates to support the execution of vendor program commitments and customer acquisition and retention campaigns.
What you have to offer:
- Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, journalism or a related subject.
- Superior copywriting, editing and proofing skills to ensure accuracy and excellence.
- Strong project and time management skills with high standards of accuracy, organization, and quality control. Proven ability to collaborate and manage multiple projects within deadlines.
- Analyzing existing and potential content for reuse. Make recommendations for new content or adjustments based on analytics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with vendors and internal teams.
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.