Specialist, Total Rewards, Equity Plan
Requisition ID: 181054
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: HR Total Rewards
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia; Alberta; Ontario; Québec
City: Montreal, Calgary, Stellarton, Dartmouth, Mississauga, Toronto
Location: King St. Office, Bureau de Montréal-Nord, Calgary Office, Dartmouth Office, Foord St. Office, Sobeys Innovation Hub, Tahoe Office
Our family of 131,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1,600 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
Ready to Make an impact?
As a member of the Total Rewards team, reporting to the Executive Compensation Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of our various stock-based programs, including recordkeeping, reporting, compliance and reconciliation. A strong grasp of the following is needed to perform this role: data management, Equity based compensation, Executive compensation, and ESPP administration.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Ensuring efficient, timely, and accurate processing of stock options and share unit grants, stock option exercises, share unit releases, terminations and cancellations, and processing performance vesting criteria
- Coordinating with Payroll on accurate tax withholding true-up via payroll for stock options exercises and share unit releases
- Liaising regularly with the equity administration vendor on management of various equity plans management
- Generating recurring reports for multiple internal and external corporate partners (e.g., Payroll, Legal, Audit, Finance and Accounting, etc.), and responding timely to ad hoc data requests from business partners
- Preparing executive compensation data for inclusion in the Management Information Circular Proxy
- Calculating executive compensation awards and preparing reports for Human Resource Committee
- Communicating plan provisions to employees and resolving employee issues or concerns according to established plan rules
- Assisting new and existing participants with general inquiries including account information, website navigation, grant acknowledgements, ESPP enrollment, option exercises and share unit vesting and releases
- Preparing and providing information to employees about eligibility, vesting schedules, exercise process, etc.
- Managing documentation and procedures manual, calendars, ensuring all information remains current and consistent
- Implementing and monitoring internal controls for audit purposes
What you have to offer:
- 3+ years previous experience in executive compensation or stock plan administration or similar position in a public company setting
- Familiarity with various equity vehicles (Stock options, PSUs, RSUs, ESPP, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Compensation Committee reporting, proxy statements, annual report and other regulatory disclosures
- Familiarity with Morgan Stanley’s Shareworks (or similar) equity administration platform
- Bilingualism would be an asset
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.