Pharmacist 12 month Term (FT)
Requisition ID: 181049
Career Group: Pharmacy Careers
Job Category: Retail - Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: New Brunswick
City: Saint John
Location: 2552 St John Nursing HomeSLawtons Pharm
Postal Code: E2M 5J7
Sobeys Inc. is a growing Canadian company. We are a market leader in grocery and pharmacy that operate under multiple banners spanning over 1,600 stores in communities across the country. Our family of over 131,000 teammates and franchise affiliates are on a mission to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our teammates.
Our national pharmacy team is proudly Canadian, with pharmacies from coast to coast in our various banners. Depending on your province you would recognize us as Sobeys, Safeway, Thrifty Foods, Foodland, Lawtons Drugs or FreshCo.
Ready to Make an impact?
We are passionate about taking care of the health and well-being of individuals and families in our communities.
You’ll be part of our pharmacy team that’s committed to providing exceptional patient-centered care and exceeding patients’ expectations. We are looking for friendly, knowledgeable, and professional individuals to join our team who will make meeting the health needs of our patients their top priority.
THIS POSITION IS A FULL-TIME TERM ROLE FROM APRIL 2024 - APRIL 2025
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion while playing a key role in achieving excellence in the areas of patient centered care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, corporate pharmacy programs and contractual requirements of continuing care facilities based on corporate agreements
- Responsible for the provision of clinical services focused on continuing care contractual obligations (i.e., disease state management, medication reviews, full scope of practice, reporting, after-hours emergency service); at times required to be on site
- Participate in professional programs and collaborate with colleagues to provide excellence in health & wellness services to all patients
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and complete proper documentation
- Identify actual and potential drug related problems through completion of medication reviews
- Provide education to nursing staff
- Participate on facility committees, complete biannual medication reviews as part of the care team with Nurses, Physicians, and Nurse Practitioners
- Ensure prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Registered Technicians and Assistants as required
- Provide quarterly reports to facility administration, review all medication errors and complete audits (stat box supplies, antibiotic and antipsychotic use, and wound care)
- Thoroughly understand all relevant corporate pharmacy service offerings/programs, and provide each customer/patient with the program that meets their health care needs
- Maintain current knowledge of pharmacy practice, regulatory requirements, and industry trends/developments; attend training as required
- Adhere to all regulatory requirements, Company policies, processes, and procedures (e.g., OHS, Loss Prevention, CQI)
What you have to offer:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist, in good standing, in the province of responsibility
- Injection and First Aid Certification
- Additional certifications (i.e. Certified Geriatric Pharmacist, Advance Prescribing)
- Kroll software experience is preferred
Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.