Director Strategic Sourcing E-comm & IT
Requisition ID: 180401
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Strategic Sourcing E-commerce & IT
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario; Alberta; British Columbia; Nova Scotia
City: Mississauga, Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, Stellarton, Dartmouth
Location: Tahoe Office, Calgary Office, Dartmouth Office, Foord St. Office, King St. Office, Vancouver Office, Victoria Office
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
Ready to Make an impact?
The Sobeys Strategic Sourcing Team's mission is to foster an environment of collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and leverage Sobeys’ national scale. Integrated within Sobeys' procurement structure, our team is dedicated to contract management, thorough spend analysis, and ongoing enhancement initiatives. Our strategic sourcing endeavors at Sobeys encompass extensive agreements with suppliers and service providers, aimed at streamlining processes, cost mitigation, and fostering enduring value creation. Join our Strategic Sourcing Team at Sobeys, where you'll contribute to optimizing operational efficiency, mitigating risks, and nurturing a culture of innovation through strategic thought leadership.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
Own strategic sourcing excellence
• Leads the strategic sourcing, negotiation, contracting and supplier management for a complex portfolio of services in support of the IT function within Sobeys (including, but not limited to: hardware, software, maintenance and support and point of sale technology).
• Ensure appropriate sourcing strategies and negotiation processes are in place for effective and timely execution of sourcing initiatives
• Lead and/or support manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Support communications with cross-functional areas in establishing and sustaining this centralized sourcing function, ensuring compliance in the use of sourcing services
• Closely partner with the IT team to ensure a total sourcing solution is delivered.
• Communicate performance to functional leadership (VPs and Executives)
• Train and coach team on sourcing best practices to achieve desired outcomes
• Cultivate innovation by ensuring a high level of personal and team education on department strategies being executed in the market place and by key competitors
Lead internal and external relationship management
• Drive sourcing best practices and enterprise value through cross-functional influential engagement including stakeholders, legal, amongst other required capabilities.
• Create value for the IT department, reduce total cost of ownership, and leverage world-class negotiation and sourcing strategies, tools and processes, and mitigate risk through contract development for non-merchandise goods and services acquired by Sobeys.
• Be a trusted advisor by effectively developing and maintaining effective relationships with Stakeholders, and forward-looking planning to anticipate and support business needs Build and maintain deep subject matter expertise and industry knowledge within the established portfolio set of products and services
• Excel in all phases of the vendor selection process (sourcing, RFP's, contracting, etc.) as well as vendor review experience is required for success in this role.
• Support consistency, transparency, alignment and synergies among all Sourcing and Category Management teams, creating an environment to remove silos in sourcing execution
Empower employees and develop top talent
• Report to the VP, Strategic Sourcing and provide leadership, coaching, counseling and support to manager-level and analyst-level staff to ensure daily tasks and long-term strategic results are obtained
• Work collaboratively with other functional leadership to ensure that all business objectives are achieved
• Coach, train and mentor team to foster an environment for skill development and career progression to develop and recruit top talent
#hybrid #Li-KB #strategicsourcingatsobeys
What you have to offer:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• A minimum of 10 years of business experience in a purchasing, merchandising or retail environment
• Experience managing supplier relationships and leading procurement/sourcing decisions
• Leadership presence and proven ability to influence Executives and VPs
• Experience leading supplier relationship management
• Deep understanding of negotiation strategies and processes
• Ability to oversee large data analytics
• Familiarity managing and driving contract spend Strong IT sourcing experience and understanding of Canadian vendor landscape
• Awareness of market trends and competitor department strategies
• Ability to build strategic relationships with designated functional leadership
• Ability to develop top talent within strategic sourcing organization
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build meaningful team relationships to drive
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package, varied by role, designed to help our teammates to live better – physically, financially and emotionally.
The salary range for this position in British Columbia is $140,000 – $193,000. We will consider factors such as your working location, work experience and skills as well as internal equity, and market conditions to ensure that you are paid fairly and competitively.
Our Total Rewards programs, for full-time teammates, goes well beyond your paycheque:
Competitive Benefits Package, including health and dental coverage, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, tailored to meet your needs.
Access to Virtual Health Care Platform and Employee and Family Assistance Program.
A Retirement and Savings Plan that provides you with the opportunity to build and add value to your savings.
A 10% in-store discount at our participating banners and access to a wide range of other discount programs, making your purchases more affordable.
Learning and Development Resources to fuel your professional growth.