CAD Front end Design Engineering - Summer Intern, 2024
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 71189
We are looking for a summer intern to join our Design Automation team.. As a member of the Skyworks design automation team, you will perform critical tasks in automating the chip design processes and procedures specifically in front end design.
- Collaborate with the design team to define verification strategies for mixed signal designs.
- Develop and implement verification plans, test benches, and testcases for functional validation.
- Leverage EDA tools to simulate and analyze mixed signal designs.
- Explore and evaluate open-source EDA tools for simulation and verification, striving for continuous improvement and cost-effectiveness.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies in the field of electronic design automation.
- Identify opportunities to integrate AI and machine learning techniques into the verification process.
- Contribute to the development of methodologies, best practices, and documentation for functional verification.
Is this a great match for you?
If you are a quick-learner who loves to work in a cross-disciplinary setting, you would love this position. If you are someone wakes up to the challenge of understanding VLSI design, improving flows and creating an impact, get in touch with us - we would love the opportunity to chat with you!
Enrolled in Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
Solid understanding of mixed signal design principles and functional verification methodologies.
Familiarity with open-source EDA tools and willingness to explore and integrate them into the workflow.
Knowledge of Hardware description/verification languages like Verilog, System Verilog
Experience with scripting and automation to streamline verification tasks specifically in Python and Tcl.
Knowledge of AI and machine learning concepts, with a strong interest in applying them to verification processes.
Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a proactive attitude.
Effective communication and collaboration abilities.
The typical pay range for an Engineering intern across the U.S. is currently USD $26.00 - $47.50 per hour and for a Non-Engineering intern across the U.S. is currently USD $22.50 - $42.00 per hour. Starting pay will depend on level of education, the ultimate job duties and requirements, and work location. Skyworks has different pay ranges for different work locations in the U.S.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.