Sr. Director, EDA Engineering
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high-performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. Through our broad technology expertise and one of the most extensive product portfolios in the industry, we are Connecting Everyone and Everything, All the Time.
At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management, and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creative thinking. We value open communication, mutual trust, and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together are changing the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 72376
Skyworks seeks a Senior Director of EDA Engineering to lead advanced EDA engineering efforts globally.
We are looking for a leader with experience working in a worldwide organization, leveraging advantages
of lower-cost geographies. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Acoustics and EDA Engineering,
this leader will set the tone for technical direction in conjunction with business leaders and other
divisional engineering leaders to ensure commercial success.
As the EDA/CAD (Electronic Design Automation/Computer-Aided Design) Senior Director of Engineering,
you will be responsible for leading and overseeing the EDA/CAD engineering team within the company.
Your primary objective is to ensure the efficient and effective utilization of EDA/CAD tools and
methodologies to support the development and validation of electronic designs and integrated circuits.
This position plays a critical role in driving innovation, enhancing productivity, and ensuring the
successful execution of complex electronic design projects.
• Team Leadership: Provide strong leadership and guidance to the EDA/CAD engineering team.
Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment, encouraging professional growth and
skill development among team members.
• EDA/CAD Tool Selection and Integration: Evaluate, select, and implement state-of-the-art
EDA/CAD tools and software suites to enhance the design and verification processes.
Collaborate with vendors and other stakeholders to drive the path to enabling most efficient
flows, tools and methodology, in close collaboration with design engineering and IT.
• Methodology Development: Develop and enhance EDA/CAD methodologies and design flows to
optimize efficiency, quality, and reliability in the development of electronic designs. Identify
opportunities for process improvements and drive their implementation across the team.
• Design Flow Optimization: Work closely with design teams to analyze and improve the design
flow, identify bottlenecks, and streamline the development process. Implement automation and
scripting solutions to increase productivity and reduce design cycle time.
• Design Verification and Validation: Oversee the development of design verification and
validation strategies, ensuring that designs meet performance, power, and area specifications.
Collaborate with design teams to address any identified issues and ensure successful tape-outs.
• Quality Assurance: Implement and maintain rigorous quality assurance practices for EDA/CAD
deliverables, ensuring compliance with industry standards and best practices.
• Resource Management: Effectively allocate resources, including staffing, budget, and
equipment, to support project schedules and meet business objectives.
• Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other engineering teams, such as ASIC design,
systems, and verification teams, to ensure smooth integration of EDA/CAD processes and foster
a culture of collaboration.
• Technology Trends: Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and trends in EDA/CAD
technologies and methodologies. Assess their potential impact on the company's development
strategies and recommend appropriate adoption. Drive choices of CAD tools, the IT
infrastructure and design methodology to ensure best-in-class methodology, coverage, time-tomarket, as well as the most cost-efficient CAD deployment based on a Total-Cost-of-Ownership
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
• Extensive experience (typically 10+ years) in EDA/CAD engineering with a focus on digital and
• Proven leadership experience in managing and mentoring engineering teams.
• Strong knowledge of industry-standard EDA/CAD tools and methodologies.
• Proficiency in programming languages and scripting for automation (e.g., Tcl, Python, Perl).
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on process optimization.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional
teams and external vendors
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is currently USD $175,400 - $367,500 per year. Starting base pay will depend on relevant experience and skills, training and education, business needs, market demands, the ultimate job duties and requirements, and work location. Skyworks has different base pay ranges for different work locations in the U.S. Benefits include access to healthcare benefits (including a premium-free medical plan option), a 401(k) plan and company match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid time off (including vacation, sick/wellness, parental leave), among others. Employees are eligible to participate in an incentive plan, and certain roles are also eligible for additional awards, including recognition and stock. These incentives and awards are based on individual and/or company performance.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Skyworks strives to create an accessible workplace; if you need an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.