Sr. Reliability/FA Engineer
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Please access Privacy Notice for Mexico for important information on personal data and electronic communications.
Req ID: 72381
Job Description for BLR test Engineer
Facilitate Board Level Reliability testing for drop test, temperature cycle, humidity, and bend test on Surface Mount Devices. BLR is performed on new or existing packaging technologies to meet JEDEC/IPC or customer specific requirements for the Mobile industry. Maintain oversight and quality of existing packages for all product group. Define Board Level Reliability requirements for product groups and customer requirements. Develops recommendations according to the nature of product, cost limitations, and cycle time of BLR testing.
In this role, candidate will manage internal BLR testing in the reliability lab and coordinate with outside BLR test labs in required. Candidate will closely work with internal package design, reliability, Product Engineering, and Program Management group for daisy chain design and test evaluation PCB design and fab out. Candidate will also coordinate with Failure Analysis group for x-section of post stressed parts and analyze risk assessment. In addition, Candidate will manage multiple activities with scope and publish overall schedule to all Program Management group and customers.
• Minimum a bachelor’s degree qualification in Material Science, Material Engineering.
• Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and other related package specialization.
• Minimum 6 years of relevant technical experience in semiconductor packaging technology.
• Deep understanding of packaging materials and their mechanical behaviors.
• Knowledge of electronic packaging structure and processes, as well as its reliability, and packaging technology qualification requirements is preferred.
• Technical expertise required in failure analysis, material interaction, and yield improvement.
• Knowledge of Board Level Reliability JEDEC, IPC is required.
• Knowledge of package layout (Cadence APD/Allegro) and FEM tools is preferred.
• Familiar with numerical simulation software tools, and experience in programing Matlab, LabView, and/or Scientific Python.
• Able to perform independent research and development work.
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Able to present ideas, design concept, data, and plan with high confidence at team meetings.
• Occasional travel to the Newbury Park Reliability lab is required.
Skyworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace.