Sr. Manager, Engineering
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 71855
Skyworks is seeking a full time Test Engineering Manager for our Austin, TX location supporting Timing products. This role is to manage a growing team with a passion for test engineering and technical problem solving. In this role you will manage specific test development efforts for mixed signal clock and oscillator products. As manager, you will drive multi-person developments with a staff of talented test engineers and work cross functionally with other engineering disciplines. The primary goal of this position is to ensure on-time release of high-quality test solutions that support our volume and cost goals. The ideal candidate for this role will have 3+ years’ experience in management, experience in both ATE software and hardware development, knowledge of probe, package, and characterization testing. The position requires a strong background in software development and automatic test equipment (ATE) and experience managing a team.
- Manage and lead team of semiconductor test engineers
- Provide technical guidance and set technical project expectations for the Test Engineering team
- Design, development, and release of ATE hardware
- Development of high-quality, multi-person software developments
- Release of reliable test solutions that meet production test-time and yield goals
- Support ATE silicon characterization in cooperation with design team and product engineering
- Participate in pre-silicon design for test and BIST methodologies
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure technical, cost and quality goals
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field (Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science)
- 12+ years’ experience in the semiconductor industry, or 8+ with masters degree
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team of engineers
- Experience with Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) with preference for Cohu (LTX) DiamondX/DxV/Unison or Teradyne IFlex/J750/IGXL
- Strong software background in one or more languages: C, C++, C#, Python, Visual BASIC, VBA
- Experience with distributed revisions control tools, such as GIT, and revision control best practices
- Experience with test hardware design and debug
- Familiarity with timing products such as clocks, buffers, and oscillators
- Team player with strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and management training
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is currently USD $136,800 - $271,500 per year. Starting base pay will depend on relevant experience and skills, training and education, business needs, market demands, the ultimate job duties and requirements, and work location. Skyworks has different base pay ranges for different work locations in the U.S. Benefits include access to healthcare benefits (including a premium-free medical plan option), a 401(k) plan and company match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid time off (including vacation, sick/wellness, parental leave), among others. Employees are eligible to participate in an incentive plan, and certain roles are also eligible for additional awards, including recognition and stock. These incentives and awards are based on individual and/or company performance.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Skyworks strives to create an accessible workplace; if you need an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.