Shoppers Drug Mart
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Why is this role Important?
Shoppers Drug Mart Specialty Health Network supports our retail stores to provide the best patient care to patients who require specialty drugs. We provide patient support programs for specialty drug therapies, providing physicians with resources to manage their patients, facilitating reimbursement, and enhancing patient compliance. We deliver superior customer service to patients, healthcare providers and pharmaceutical manufacturers to improve healthcare outcomes for all stakeholders.
Specialty Health Network (or SHN, as we call ourselves) is a growing division of Shoppers Drug Mart, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves in having an awesome work culture and fun environment! We offer competitive salaries, a great benefit package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, Employee share ownership plan, professional training, and development and many more perks!
Nature and Scope
Reporting to the Senior Manager of the PMO, the Project Manager provides a consistent, effective operating structure for projects through sound project management methodology, effective project resource allocation, and project performance reporting.
As a valued member of the PMO, the Project Manager is responsible for leading cross-functional project teams in executing the activities of all business-sponsored projects ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget, and scope.
What you will do:
- Complete assigned projects on time and on budget
- Establish and manage governance structures required for successful project implementation
- Complete comprehensive project control documentation throughout the project life cycle
- Complete comprehensive and timely project analysis and reporting as per PMO standards
- Develop and manage detailed work plans, schedules, project budget estimates and resource plans required for successful project completion
- Ensure consistency through the implementation of consistent tools and methodologies while maintaining appropriate documentation which clearly illustrates project progress and success at completion.
- Prepare, review, and submit reports to department staff, customers, Senior Leadership, that are clear, concise, transparent, and accurate.
- Proactively take appropriate action to keep the project on track by identifying risks/barriers to success, scope creep, schedule challenges, and offering mitigation strategies.
- Chair/participate in relevant working groups for organizational projects and initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional teams of Subject Matter Experts from key areas of the enterprise (e.g., Program Management, Operations, Pharmacy, Clinical, etc.) to understand potential project impact on the organization, align project work, and execute activities accordingly
- Coordinates utilization of subject matter experts in the business segment to assist in the identification, validation, and resolution of business system needs
- Conducts team and individual end-of-project lessons learned
- Report all Adverse Events (AE) and Product Technical Complaints (PTC) immediately or as soon as possible upon becoming aware of the event as per current policies and procedures.
What you will need:
- University degree required in a relevant field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, Health Sciences)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven project management experience
- PMP professional designation preferred
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodologies is required
- Excellent effective communication and presentation skills
- Excellent skills in assessment, communication, critical thinking, and decision making
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to conduct, lead and manage effective meetings
- Demonstrated leadership and a proven ability to influence decision makers at all levels within the organization
- Proficiency in MS Office and proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio is required
- Knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement processes an asset
- Experience in the Healthcare industry is an asset
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.