Senior Reliability Technician
Location: Camarillo, California.
The Senior Reliability Technician performs electronic/electrical testing to maximize production while assuring product quality standards are met according to JEDEC standards and customer’s expectations. The main responsibility of the senior reliability technician is to support the reliability assurance process in providing the qualification information of electronic components under environmental stress conditions. They test and troubleshoot products to ensure they meet qualification and reliability test plans and collaborate directly with failure analysis teams to understand failures when they occur.
- Performs daily read and record testing of samples subjected to various environmental stress (Some of the requirements of this position may involve sitting for extended periods of time)
- Performs the set-up, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies and/or final systems.
- Determines and may develop or contribute to test specifications, methods, and writes procedures from blueprints, drawings, and diagrams.
- Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems.
- May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
- Communicates and works with associates in other departments.
- Provides mentoring, expertise, and support among team members.
- Oversees various projects from start to finish.
- Ability to work overtime overtime hours may periodically as dictated by business needs.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or related training/certification from a trade/military school in mechanical/electrical engineering technology or similar curriculum;
- 5+ years related electronics experience.
- Good understanding of electrical theory and be able to read, interpret, and troubleshoot electrical schematics and circuits.
- Good understanding of ATE test systems and be able to read, interpret, and communicate test output data logs.
- Use of various measurement equipment including oscilloscopes and multi-meters
- Experience with soldering and circuit rework
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office environment with advanced Excel experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings and be able to effectively organize and prioritize tasks
- Additional preferred qualifications in the following areas: Agile PLM, Labview, ESD (electrostatic discharge), SAM (acoustic imaging)
Career Growth Philosophy
At Semtech, we seek innovation and leadership from each and every member of our team. Our goal is to ensure that our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel. Our pay-for-performance philosophy provides recognition and prestige coupled with a competitive compensation package.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
A reasonable estimate of the pay range for this position is $25 - $29. There are several factors taken into consideration in determining base salary, including but not limited to: job-related qualifications, skills, education and experience, as well as job location and the value of other elements of an employee’s total compensation package.