Senior Staff Engineer, Device Management Backend Development & Operations
Location: Toulouse, France, Paris, France, or Nice, France
The Senior Staff Engineer, Device Management Backend Development & Operations will design, develop and operate the Cloud Platform. The employee will interact with Product Management & other Engineering teams to design and implement AWS platform features and operate the Cloud Platform on AWS.
- Work in a team environment, contribute significantly to application solution design and to the high-level design of application software.
- Detailed design, code and test of Cloud Platform software. Provide automated test software in conjunction with application software.
- Work in a team environment to plan Cloud Platform software development projects. Create the project tasks in the engineering task management system, and record task completion.
- Support Cloud Platform software by troubleshooting and correcting defects, by making operational improvements to the software, and by making minor enhancements to the application.
- Document application design into the collaboration documentation system
- Support the operations of the Cloud Platform by being on the on-call schedule
- Computer science bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in IoT and network protocols
- At least 7-year experience in application software development.
- At least 7-year experience developing software in Java. Strong JVM knowledge.
- At least 3-year experience of exposure to Public Cloud managed services (Compute, Databases, Storage, etc.)
- At least 2-year experience on Kubernetes and Docker
- Some experience developing software in the following technologies: Scala, golang, Kafka, AWS managed services preferred
- Nice to have: AWS Certifications, working knowledge of AWS IOT, open-source projects
Career Growth Philosophy
At Semtech, we seek innovation and leadership from each and every member of our team. Our goal is to ensure that our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel. Our pay-for-performance philosophy provides recognition and prestige coupled with a competitive compensation package.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.