Senior Manager, IT Audit
Scotia Wealth Management
Requisition ID: 188645
Salary Range: 106,400.00 - 203,600.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
- Contributes to the overall success of the Internal Audit Department in the US ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Confirm audit activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- The incumbent will support the IT Audit Director in assessing the design and operating effectiveness of IT and/or Data Governance controls, as well as executing the audits of cybersecurity, infrastructure, applications, databases including transformation programs with support from Head Office IT audit teams.
- Apart from the technical skills noted above, the incumbent should be able to apply risk-based auditing standards, frameworks, practices, techniques, processes and methodologies, and regulatory guidelines to the performance and review of audits. The incumbent will also be required to work with global counterparts for audits and strategy for IT, Information Security and Data Governance control and processes.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide high quality, value-added advisory services to line management as part of special projects and act as Officer in Charge (OIC) or team member for these audits. Work cross-functionally with other IA team members to support and drive a collaborative team environment.
- Perform engagement planning and scoping, audit execution, problem identification and evaluation, issue writing, reporting and communication, and develop and provide high-quality value-added recommendations.
- Review and evaluate the IT environment and provide assurance over the Bank's IT applications, data, security, ETL, interface controls, report logic and project management controls.
- Responsible for continuous monitoring of key IT, Information Security and Data business units by understanding and identifying changing conditions within business, risk and corporate functions, risk profiles, emerging risks, systemic issues and determine current and future audit requirements.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
What You’ll Bring:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in auditing Data Governance, Cybersecurity, ITGC controls, and, Application Controls. Technology Risk Management experience in financial services industry is a significant advantage.
- Ability to quickly understand the risks associated with new products, processes, routines and formulates audit procedures to ensure that the IT controls are adequate.
- IT Audit /Information Security professional designation (CISA, CISSP), experience with COSO and COBIT Frameworks are all pluses.
- This is a position requiring core skills in the audit of applications, data and the management of IT projects overview of business cycles.
- Knowledge of the US Regulatory Framework (DFS500, OCC, and Federal Reserve) and requirements applicable to Banks will be an asset.
- Experience with using Data Analytics for decision making.
If your experience is closely related but doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we do encourage you to apply - you might be the right candidate for this or other roles at Scotiabank!
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.