Manager, Data Quality
Scotia Wealth Management
Requisition ID: 188500
Salary Range: 82,400.00 - 153,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
Contributes to the overall success of the GBM Data Office, Global Banking and Markets, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed and delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
This valuable member of the team will be responsible for working on Automating Data Quality and Data Profiling for the GBM business line. The main function of the role is to partner with business areas, data engineers, data architects, data modelers, analytics teams, and technology teams within GBM to lead in the build-out of GBM Data Quality services.
What You’ll Do:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Support the implementation of data quality rules as defined by business areas
- Gather data quality requirements and assist data domains to comply to the Banks data standards
- Support the testing of Data Quality rules and dashboards
- Work with domains and DGO stakeholders to gather reporting and dashboard requirements
- Continue to drive the Data Quality and Profiling processes forward through the discovery of new tooling and process enhancements
- Participate in all scrum related ceremonies to ensure successful delivery of project and BAU work
- Develop Data Quality and Data Profiling solutions, data pipelines, services, and components to enable GBM-wide use of Data Quality Services
- Work closely with data engineers and DevOps engineers to enhance data management capabilities that drive real business outcomes
- Work with Solution leads to enhance Data Quality capabilities
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field.
- 5+yrs Experience in a Financial Institution
- 5+yrs Experience with SQL, Python, ETL Talend
- Experience working with relational databases a plus (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with big data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hive, Kafka, Dremio, Pandas DataFrame) a plus
- Understanding of data management disciplines such as data quality, data profiling, etc.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Understanding of Capital Markets products and data is an asset
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.