Staff Product Engineer
Renesas Electronics Corporation
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: 0%
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Renesas is a global, multi-billion dollar, publicly traded company headquartered in Japan, and has subsidiaries in 20 countries worldwide. Renesas is a dynamic, multi-cultural technology company where employees learn, mentor, innovate and thrive. Renesas is extending our share in fast-growing data economy-related markets such as infrastructure and data center and strengthening our presence in the industrial/IOT and automotive segments. Our solutions drive products developed by major innovators around the world. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics.
At Renesas, the Product Engineer is responsible for NPI execution – you will be managing and working with our design, product & test development team in US, EU and APAC; supporting new product introduction projects & activities to ensure smooth transition of these new products from development to manufacturing phase.
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic who is self-driven and able to build relationships across teams to create/maintain collaborative working relationships within a large organization. The ability to communicate at multiple levels within the organization and influence outcomes to the program’s benefit will be critical to this role’s success.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Product lifecycle ownership from concept to end of life with a focus on ensuring the delivery of the highest quality products to our end customers.
- Definition of ATE test plan, test coverage, qualification, and manufacturing plans.
- Analyze yield at engineering sample phase and characterize NPI product performances and manufacturing yield window including bench correlation to meet product requirements.
- Ownership of BOM release and maintenance.
- Excursion management for both suppliers and customers.
- KPI achievement in product related deliverables including NPI execution and velocity, product cost (Gross margin improvements), product quality performance and failure analysis cycle times.
- Identify and drive production capacity improvement needs via test time reduction, first pass retest rate reduction, qualifying alternate sources etc.
- Participate in cross functional product development teams to successfully execute to plan, maintain schedules, manage risks, lead problem solving sessions, report status in management reviews, and interface with other engineering disciplines and various levels of management
- Communicate effectively with management to report critical technical, customer escalations or business issues as they arise, and drive mitigation efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, electronics or similar degree.
- 12+ years of semiconductor or related electrical component development experience
- Knowledge of power management topologies is desired with proven track record of driving the development of products.
- Knowledge of yield analysis, quality management tools, GR&R, Cp, Cpk.
- Proficient in BOM tools such as Agile, yield management tools such as PDF Exensio, JMP, etc.
- Self-driven, strongly motivated individual capable of taking full ownership of their activities, and to involve other functions in the company or management when needed to bring them to a successful outcome.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and comfort in presenting to a wide range of audiences from individual contributor level to the executive team. Full comfort with both technical and non-technical presentations. Capable of communicating issues in a concise and effective way.
- Ability to manage supplier excursions and customer escalations through problem solving.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships within a dynamic team environment.
- Required to show versatility when working on a variety of design disciplines, across multiple business lines, product and functional groups.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.