Sr Staff Marketing Specialist - Automotive Segment
Renesas Electronics Corporation
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Responsible for the development of System Market Analysis and System Roadmap (incl. commercial assessment), and for the definition and lifecycle’s management of Renesas system offerings for Automotive Segment. Additionally, responsible for creating the System Go-To-Market (GTM) Strategy and leading System GTM activities for Automotive Segment.
Lead segment deep dive activity for Automotive Segment:
- Develop and continuously update system roadmap including commercial assessment.
- Understand system use cases and develop system related content collaborating with End-Equipment / System experts.
- Analyze market / competitors regarding trends and offerings on system level using regional input and consolidate it in System Market Analysis
- Capture system requirements collaborating with End-Equipment / System experts.
- Define and continuously value proposition including value drivers of Renesas offering.
- Define System GTM strategy, drive market introduction and lead GTM activities at system level.
- Drive SAM data collection and analysis with heatmap approach
- Come up with New Product Proposals (NPP) based on gap analysis brough up during the deep dive.
- Define and adjust operative pricing guidelines, maximizing value-based mark up and manage quoting globally within given limits on system level.
- Define Renesas offering (products, SW, services) including ecosystem partners (To be aligned with MCU/MPU marketing)
- Creating effective product and solutions collaterals, and partnering with sales and other teams to drive, coordinate and support product promotion, design wins and demand creation to meet revenue targets
- Manage lifecycle and develop forecast of Renesas offering in commercialization phase.
- Support Sales and business development activities on system level.
- Drive Strategic Sales and Product growth initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 12+ years of work experience in semiconductor industry as Marketing Engineer, Applications Engineer, Systems Engineer, Field Applications Engineer, Sales or similar.
- Experience in Automotive Segment in the Semiconductor Industry.
- Experience working with worldwide sales and marketing teams.
- A thorough understanding of semiconductor product development is highly desirable.
- Customer focused mind-set; understanding market needs and translate into solutions
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of ownership.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to create product and solutions business case and communicate value to product marketing and engineering teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment as part of a diverse international team.
- Willingness to travel occasionally, both domestically and internationally
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering BSEE or equivalent in a similar field
- Vice-President Sales of the Automotive Segment and JAPAC regions
- Global Account Managers of Automotive Segment and JAPAC regions
- End-Equipment and System Experts of Automotive Segment and JAPAC regions
- System Architects
- Business Development, Product Marketing and Application Engineers
- Sales Operation
$157,000 - $235,000 salary range (Note: Disclosure as required by SB 1162 (9-27-22) for California)
Please note that the compensation details listed reflect salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on the job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position in California. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including jobrelated skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.