Senior Public Relations Executive, Marketing Excellence (4 month FTC, 30h/w)
We are Reckitt
Home to some of the world's best loved and most trusted hygiene, health, and nutrition brands. Our purpose defines why we exist: to protect, heal and nurture in the relentless pursuit of a cleaner, healthier world. We are a global team united by this purpose.
Join us in our fight to make access to the highest quality hygiene, wellness, and nourishment a right and not a privilege.
Corporate Communications & External Affairs
About the role
Are you passionate about storytelling and crafting messages that resonate? Reckitt is seeking a Senior Public Relations Executive (Marketing Excellence) to help amplify our unique approach to building renowned brands like Dettol, Lysol, and Finish. In this role, you'll weave narratives that engage and inspire, elevate our brand reputation, and support key business objectives. You'll orchestrate strategies that increase our visibility in the marketing, advertising and creative trade media in key markets. Come and be the voice that shapes our future!
To successfully drive this external thought leadership program, you will embed yourself with Reckitt’s Marketing Excellence community and develop, pitch and secure earned media stories that can more prominently establish Reckitt as a leader in creative effectiveness.
In summary, you'll:
- Ideate, develop and execute public relations and other trade and media-facing programs resulting in the advertising trade publications reporting about Reckitt’s approach to brand building
- Work in tandem with Marketing Excellence and key Marketing Directors across the globe to source proof points to drive marketing thought leadership narratives
- Foster and nurture relationships with influential journalists, media outlets and industry associations to secure Reckitt visibility at key industry events, like Cannes Festival of Creativity and others
- Support Reckitt and its teams across the globe submit and win creative effectiveness awards that ultimately help propel business growth
- Draft press releases, editorial features, speeches, presentations, and other PR materials for the trade and for tent pole creativity events.
The experience we're looking for
- Extensive experience in a senior public relations role within a marketing organization or an agency focused on the media/advertising trade
- Outstanding storytelling, writing, and editing skills
- Deep understanding of the FMCG industry and advertising trade, with existing roster of journalist relationships
- Ability to thrive under pressure, meet stringent deadlines and navigate a matrix organization
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills and a strong affinity for our company's purpose and brands.
The skills for success
Emotional intelligence, Listening skills, Writing skills, Presentation skills, Interpersonal skills, Digital skills, Research skills, Time management skills, Adaptability, Stakeholder engagement and influence, Strategic thinking, Risk management, Business Accumen, Leadership, Brand Strategy, Relationship management
What we offer
With inclusion at the heart of everything we do, working alongside our four global Employee Resource Groups, we support our people at every step of their career journey, helping them to succeed in their own individual way.
We invest in the wellbeing of our people through parental benefits, an Employee Assistance Program to promote mental health, and life insurance for all employees globally. We have a range of other benefits in line with the local market. Through our global share plans we offer the opportunity to save and share in Reckitt's potential future successes. For eligible roles, we also offer short-term incentives to recognise, appreciate and reward your work for delivering outstanding results. You will be rewarded in line with Reckitt's pay for performance philosophy.
We recognise that in real life, great people don't always 'tick all the boxes'. That's why we hire for potential as well as experience. Even if you don't meet every point on the job description, if this role and our company feels like a good fit for you, we still want to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability or medical condition; colour, ethnicity, race, citizenship, and national origin; religion, faith; pregnancy, family status and caring responsibilities; sexual orientation; sex, gender identity, gender expression, and transgender identity; protected veteran status; size or any other basis protected by appropriate law.