Team Resource Manager
We are Reckitt
Home to the world's best loved and trusted hygiene, health, and nutrition brands. Our purpose defines why we exist: to protect, heal and nurture in the relentless pursuit of a cleaner, healthier world. We are a global team united by this purpose.
Join us in our fight to make access to the highest quality hygiene, wellness, and nourishment a right and not a privilege.
About the role
The Team Resource Manager (TRM) is responsible for performing and initiating all manufacturing activities in support of production. Manage department employees involved in the functions of manufacturing activities. This would include all aspects of employee management such as environmental, health, and safety oversight, mentoring, training, communicating maintenance needs, interfacing with materials management and logistics, and ensuring all quality procedures are followed. Leading improvement culture change and meeting KPI metrics and production plan.
• Maintain a safe and productive environment by adhering to all safety rules and reporting any unsafe conditions. Adhere to safety management standards. Complies with all appropriate regulatory agencies, regulations, rules, policies, and procedures (i.e., Federal, State, Corporate, Plant – EEOC, OSHA, EPA, FDA, GMP, etc.) Ensures hourly workforce adheres the same.
• Provides all production team members with constant communication, guidance, coaching and support necessary to perform their jobs effectively and accurately. Identify short-, medium-, and long-term staffing needs and maintain staffing as needed with appropriate support functions.
• Supports development and implementation of Continuous Improvement/Lean processes and projects resulting in annual cost savings. Also supports/manages NPD/EPD activity within respective areas. Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements.
• Works with the appropriate Project Team(s) to resolve discrepancies and/or issues with control documents, planning schedules, etc. in a timely manner.
• Performs functions in all management positions including performance evaluation, training & development, coaching, feedback, and corrective action as needed for an hourly workforce.
• Communicates Maintenance support needs to the Maintenance Manager and/or Maintenance Lead prior to job start-up.
• Monitors the timeliness of manufacturing responsibilities to set schedule, validations and/or materials delivery and expedites as necessary. Monitors quality, safety and productivity within assigned areas and makes improvements or enhancements as necessary.
• Reviews daily operating results and monitors trends in labor usage, line downtime, quality rejects, etc. Oversees all activities performed by operators and technicians during shift to ensure schedule adherence completion.
• Ensures all accident and near-misses are investigated and actioned within a timely manner.
The experience we're looking for
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering, or a related field is preferred and/or 4 to 6 years of experience in a manufacturing setting
• Must be flexible in supporting all shifts (including working off-shifts) when needed
• Must work well under pressure and demonstrate above average mathematical and analytical skills
• Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Must be able to interact effectively with a variety of individuals and personalities within and between departments.
• Preferred previous experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably on a production line
What we offer
With inclusion at the heart of everything we do, working alongside our four global Employee Resource Groups, we support our people at every step of their career journey, helping them to succeed in their own individual way.
We invest in the wellbeing of our people through parental benefits, an Employee Assistance Program to promote mental health, and life insurance for all employees globally. We have a range of other benefits in line with the local market. Through our global share plans we offer the opportunity to save and share in Reckitt's potential future successes. For eligible roles, we also offer short-term incentives to recognise, appreciate and reward your work for delivering outstanding results. You will be rewarded in line with Reckitt's pay for performance philosophy.
We recognise that in real life, great people don't always 'tick all the boxes'. That's why we hire for potential as well as experience. Even if you don't meet every point on the job description, if this role and our company feels like a good fit for you, we still want to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability or medical condition; colour, ethnicity, race, citizenship, and national origin; religion, faith; pregnancy, family status and caring responsibilities; sexual orientation; sex, gender identity, gender expression, and transgender identity; protected veteran status; size or any other basis protected by appropriate law.