Ottawa, ON, Canada · Ottawa, ON, Canada · Ontario, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Title: Lab Network Operations Specialist
Duration: 12 months with strong possibility of extension
Location: Ottawa, On
Description – Lab Networking
Time is roughly divided into:
- 20% for lab and testing which included the mentoring other new lab resources (co-ops)
- 20% Inter Edge/Out of Band Monitoring/Terminal servers project support
- 55% Software Defined architecture project and lifecycle (likely to soon increase to 65-75%)
- 5-10% for DataCentre/Physical Security/Senate support
- Analysis on the voice, Wi-Fi AP, and IP switch networks for deployment of lifecycle products, EISS (physical security) Lifecycle and 802.1x
- Execution of action plans to complete the deployment of lifecycle products requiring collaboration with Network Implementation (cabling), PDO (network operations) and NS design (network development) teams
- Provide technical support for the day-to-day preparations within the individual project teams in production and in lab to ensure successful deployments.
- Development and documentation of the results of acceptance test plans/templates such as new products (Cisco IE3400. Nexus 9200 and 9300), software versions (various), designs (C3PL, SDA) and Cisco fixes (various)
- The build and validation of networking solution prototypes using new technologies and configurations in the Network Services lab before deployment (e.g., switches, wireless APs, SDA, Nexus and Cisco’s DNA centre)
- Troubleshooting of issues that occur in the installation hardware, network equipment, protocols and end—device hardware/software; including reproducing issues in the lab and validating solutions.
- The research and validation of requirements for protocols and/or configurations to resolve issues in pre-production or lab designs. Documented and shared results with the operations and dv-ops teams.
- Initial configuration and installation of network hardware in the Data Centers, which includes maintaining rack elevation
- Mentor co-op students and assist them through various duties such as version Acceptance tests, testing of scripts such as 802.1x audits
- Support/maintain the lab and test area infrastructure (hardware installation, configuration, cabling) to allow EISS and NS testing.
- Be the onsite hands and eyes for NS design during tests and cut-overs
- Update hardware record information