Temporary Full Time Store Manager - (Store#4061 Saint John McAllister)
The Pet Valu family of stores includes Pet Valu, Paulmac's Pet Food, Bosley's, Tisol and Total Pet and together we are one of the largest retail operations in North America dedicated to providing families with food and supplies for dogs, cats, companion birds, wild birds, fish, reptiles and small animals.
All of our stores are dedicated to helping local pets in need, and we partner with local shelters, rescues and charities for adoption events, in-store adoption (select stores only) and pet food bank programs, as well as through our national donation drives and fundraising campaigns.
At Pet Valu, we're Pet Experts, and we're pet lovers, too.
As a Store Manager you will coach and develop your store team to deliver world class service to all customers and help Pet Parents find the right nutrition and other solutions for their pets. You will be part of a team of passionate Pet Experts, and enjoy the perks of helping Pet Parents every day. If you are enthusiastic about learning and growing with one of the top pet retailers in North America, this position is for you!
What you get:
- Management training
- Product knowledge
- Employee discounts
- Competitive wages
- Paid benefits
- Pet oriented career-building environment
What you do:
- Customers/Community ensure that all customer service standards are met by staff; maintain courteous relationships within the community (e.g. Humane society)
- Manage a team of employees including but not limited to recruiting, scheduling, training, day-to-day assignment of tasks, supervision and coaching
- Operational Standards/Procedures ensure that all staff adhere to the standards and procedures set at the corporate operations level
- Administrative activities coordinate order placements, maintain appropriate inventory, ensure that store audits and safety audits are completed, coordinate minor store repairs, complete miscellaneous corporate paperwork
- Business Results coordinate efforts of store staff to achieve targeted results
- Other duties and tasks as required
What you bring:
- Minimum of 2 years customer service and retail store management experience
- Enthusiasm for learning & growth in pet care industry
- Possess outgoing and friendly personality with strong customer service skills
- Ability to work as scheduled to meet attendance requirements, which include weekends and evenings
- Ability to have reliable means of transportation to and from the store
- Observe and coach employees to provide feedback around sales techniques and providing excellent customer service
- Capacity for understanding inter-team conflicts and escalating when necessary
- Working knowledge of POS system
- Ability to lift 50lbs repetitively
- Industry experience an asset