Micro Focus (now OpenText) is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers. We deliver mission-critical technology and supporting services that help thousands of customers worldwide manage core IT elements of their business so they can run and transform—at the same time.
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
We are in search of talented Account Executive to join our sales team in South Africa, with proven track record of building a territory, from a base of accounts. You would be working predominantly with our Digital Ops portfolio, driving proactive campaigns to build pipeline, using specialized knowledge and skills to prospect, qualify, negotiate and close opportunities with both new and existing accounts.
• Responsible for creating and driving the sales pipeline.
• Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position the company's products and services more efficiently.
• Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities in the cyber security market and expand and enhance existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit.
• Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
• You may invest time working with and leveraging external partners along with the channel team to deliver sales numbers.
Education and Experience Required:
• University or Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience.
• Cyber Security certificates is a plus
• Demonstrated achievement in a similar sales environment, diversity of business customer, and higher-level customer interface.
• Extensive selling experience within industry and on similar products.
• Track record of successful product sales in the cyber security solution market.
Your Capabilities and Skills:
• Understand the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated and integrate this knowledge into consultative selling.
• Understand the role of Cyber Security within the area of specialization, and how our solutions differentiate Open text Cyber Security in the industry.
• Account planning and accurate account revenue forecasting skills.
• Collaborate with the management, channel team and sales teams in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of specialist sales with other sales activities.
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention & growth.
• Develop a comprehensive knowledge of products and service offerings as well as competitor's offerings.
• Leverage services offering as part of strategic product sales.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Micro Focus’ (now OpenText) efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.