Sr. UX Designer
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
As a Sr. UX Designer, you would be part of a larger experienced design team at OpenText and reporting to the UX Manager.
A typical day at work would see you interacting with Product Management, UX Research, Visual Design and senior UX leadership. You’d be creating interactive prototypes as proof of concept of the software product solution, serving as the starting point for requirements validation, conceptual design validation and basis for iterative development activities. You would be expected to identify and create user personas and usage scenarios.
This role requires self-motivation and ability to work both independently and in conjunction with team members and product groups.
You are Great at:
- Understand the assigned modules or components of the larger product using the expertise available in the team
- Work with Product Management in helping to define requirements that create the product backlog and define the user experience vision for the product.
- Conceptualize, design, and deliver intuitive and compelling designs for a complex, multiplatform product suite
- Validate designs with stakeholders and customers, where possible, through usability testing and statistical analysis of results
What it Takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in design, Industrial Design, Arts or related streams
- 70% aggregate as final academic score
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- 5 to 8 years of strong software interaction design experience
- Familiarity with design tools like Adobe XD, Figma, Balsamiq or other popular prototyping apps
- Strong experience in usability test creation, execution, and documenting inferences
- Experience in heuristic and accessibility evaluations
- Knowledge of GUI accessibility standards (Section 508, WCAG, etc.)
- Knowledge of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) products would be an asset
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.