OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
OpenText has an opportunity for a Program Manager to join our Corporate Citizenship team. The Program Manager will work on a broad range of issues related to sustainability, corporate governance, and social impact. The Program Manager will play a critical role in managing data for internal and external deliverables and will support the ongoing advancement of our ESG programs.
The Program Manager will work closely with others on the Corporate Citizenship team and cross-functionally with teams across OpenText.
You Are Great At:
The Program Manager will collect, track, and analyze data for a variety of purposes, including:
- the calculation of the OpenText environmental footprint, including energy, waste, and greenhouse gases;
- for ESG reporting frameworks like the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD);
- investor and ESG survey information requests in partnership with the Investor Relations team, in particular, the CDP climate change survey and EcoVadis
- social and environmental information requests and evidence for annual sustainability assessments like EcoVadis;
- social and environmental data and qualitative information for the annual Corporate Citizenship Report, including the United Nations Global Compact Communication on Progress and Global Reporting Initiative Standards sustainability reporting framework;
- and, internal reports and materials for the ESG Steering Committee.
- Create data tracking templates and data repositories for audit level readiness.
- Assist with developing business case analyses for environmental initiatives like energy efficiency and waste reduction projects.
- Administrative and project management support for all ESG working groups: setting up meetings, preparing agendas, tracking deliverables, and taking minutes.
- Prepare data and dashboards for internal presentations.
- Stay informed of trends in ESG, including ESG-related regulations, guidance frameworks, and corporate best practice, and contribute to ESG thought leadership.
- Complete peer benchmarking reports.
What It Takes:
- 2-3 years of work experience in ESG/data management/analytics in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and demonstrated interest in sustainability and social impact
- Comfortable interacting with a variety of departments and stakeholders, at all levels in the organization
- Familiar with the ESG reporting frameworks such as the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, Global Reporting Initiative, and Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and ESG raters such as CDP and EcoVadis
- Enjoys handling large amounts of data and ability to summarize and visualize data
- Comfort with creating large spreadsheets and presentations
- Post-secondary education in a related field like environmental studies, sustainability, or corporate social responsibility
- Proficiency in MS Excel (expert level), PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word is a must.
- Has strong critical thinking skills and is a solution provider.
- Projects a positive, enthusiastic attitude and commitment to service excellence.
- Ability to work independently but also work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates thoroughness, timeliness, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to draft professional correspondence and to create effective reports/presentations in PowerPoint from raw material
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.