Cantonese Speaking Collections Specialist (Fixed Term)
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Reporting to the Manager of collections, the Collection Specialist brings solid experience in global collections to deliver on collections targets. He/She has a passion for delivering the best in class customer experience in the cash collections function and has the drive to learn from others on supporting the Cash Collections strategy. Integration is a way of life for us so you will bring your best practice mindset to continuously strive for flawless execution on every integration.
You Are Great At:
- APAC Support (China and Hong Kong Portfolio)
- Accountable for the timely collection of accounts of the assigned portfolio; including ensuring accurate customer information is maintained
- Responsible for effectively resolving collections disputes;
- Responsible for keeping updated with changes in collection practices and processes
- Accurately evaluate the likelihood of collectability of disputed/contentious items before they hit 90 days past due to flag “at risk” accounts to the leader to resolve
- Partners with peers to support collections activity in other portfolios as required to ensure cash flow targets are met
- Assists leaders in other projects/initiatives as assigned to deliver best-in-class process and practice for the Cash Collections function.
What It Takes:
- Minimum 3 years of collections experience, preferably global B2B
- Strong customer service mindset with the ability to solve it right the first time
- Good written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, specifically with Sales and External Customers
- Strong organization and time management skills, with demonstrated success in managing multiple priorities
- Good working knowledge of SAP and of Microsoft Office Excel
- Self-starter with a continuous improvement mindset to support best-in-class process automation
- Strong team player, understanding that you deliver as a team and it is always best when you collaborate to find solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated ability to learn with your peers and others and support a culture of resiliency in a continuously changing environment.
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com.