Lead Security Disaster Recovery Analyst 1
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Lead Security Disaster Recovery Analyst will have the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the Open Text Disaster Recovery Program. The Lead Security Disaster Recovery Analyst plays a key role in the continued development and maturity of the Disaster Recovery Program that supports the delivery of services required to provide recoverability assurance for our corporate and commercial systems, platforms, and applications. In this role, you will act both in an advisory role providing guidance on DR policies and practices, and in an operational role coordinating and executing DR exercises. The work requires close collaboration with applications and operations staff across multiple business units. Strong communication and partnership will be required to engage, organize, and deliver services aligned to business requirements, operational priorities, and corporate values.
You Are Great At:
- Leading and/or participating in validation initiatives such as recoverability assessments, Disaster Recovery (DR) test exercises, gap/issue analysis, remediation planning, and risk reviews.
- Assisting in the identification and detailed planning for business- or platform-specific recovery strategies, and analysis of recommended disaster recovery plans.
- Developing and implementing process improvements in support of DR maturity and enhancement targets.
- Assisting in the development, maintenance, enforcement, and exception handling of DR-related policies, standards, procedures, and controls.
- Supporting the effort to strategize, prioritize, and forecast DR initiatives through risk assessments and/or business impact analysis.
- Participating in Project Management, Change Management, Incident Management, and other internal functions.
- Gathering and analyzing intake requests for policy, contractual, compliance, and other obligations.
- Identifying opportunities while creating and improving processes through simplification or automation and ongoing continuous service improvement activities.
What It Takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, or related vocations.
- At least 5 years of work experience with Disaster Recovery (or Business Continuity) in a related function such as IT, DevOps, Security, Compliance, Risk Management, or Internal Audit.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in navigating through complex, abstract, or stressful projects and situations.
- Strong skills in relationship management and working in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and tasks to effectively meet established deadlines.
- Independent decision-making capability and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated strength in working in a high-change environment.
- Strong technical, analytical, interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Experience with project coordination in a cross-functional and/or virtual working environment would be an asset Systems integration or operations expertise (e.g., networking, infrastructure, middleware) or experience with software testing, problem management, and release management would be an asset.
- Certifications related to Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Audit, Six Sigma, DevOps, and/or Project Management would be an asset.
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact email@example.com.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, OpenText’s global vaccination policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter an OpenText office. Accommodations may be available for specific roles.