Sr. Manager, Product Management
Micro Focus (now OpenText) is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers. We deliver mission-critical technology and supporting services that help thousands of customers worldwide manage core IT elements of their business so they can run and transform—at the same time.
As a Sr. Manager, Product Management ITOM you provide leadership for all of ITOM product management out of Bangalore. You drive best practices for product management across ITOM for customer engagement & communication as well as strategic planning or engineering engagement. You assist in setting direction for OPTIC to improve overall ITOM integrations.
You are great at :
- Responsible for the overall leadership of ITOM product management team in Bangalore across ITOM
- Oversight of ITOM integration product strategy, features, functions
- Synchronization with R&D leadership across ITOM & functional suite leadership
- Assist in best practices across ITOM for product roadmaps / PI planning and general engineering communication
- Drive common practices for customer and field communication & engagement across ITOM
- Assist team with best practices in supporting overall GTM functions from product marketing to customer support escalation
- Drive a key ITOM Product as lead product manager which would include overall Product Strategy, Requirement prioritization, assist product marketing and be an escalation point for customer situations (sales or post sales)
What it takes :
- 15+ years’ experience in defining and managing core products or business applications, either through product management or equivalent activities
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle process/methodologies and practical knowledge of agile/iterative development.
- Goal driven; plans and manages toward achieving goals, anticipates problems and issues and proactively drives their resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels.
- Strong customer orientation and comfortable in sales situations.
- Skilled in presentations and discussions with business and technical staff.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, business oriented.
- Experience in working in an international environment involving multiple
development sites on various time zones.
- Preferred MBA in GTM / Mktg / Product management
Micro Focus’ (now OpenText) efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com.