Premium Support Engineer - Enterprise Server
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
As a Premium Support Engineer on the OpenText Premium team, you will act as a single point of contact for an assigned customer, providing technical support on the OpenText/Enterprise product portfolio. Our Premium Support Engineers are trusted support advisors who help ensure that customers are successful in their use of OpenText enterprise product solutions. As a Premium Support Engineer, you will conduct troubleshooting, gather diagnostics, reproduce problems, diagnose faults and escalate software change requests to OpenText Product Engineering, and test software patches for customers.
You are great at:
- Delivering reactive and proactive support activities according to Service Level Agreement to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Integrating technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customer.
- Leading Customer Expectation management as part of escalation process
- Debugging problems via in-house tools, workarounds, and test cases
- Collaborating with OpenText and customer development teams to replicate and demonstrate issues
- Maintaining excellent communications with customer management.
- Representing the company as a technical expert with customers, shares knowledge in area of expertise.
- Actively supporting the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications
What it takes:
- Technical University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Typically 5-8 years successful experience in technical support and/or consulting to enterprise customers
- Deep technical knowledge of Mainframe tools, ie COBOL, CICS, IMS, JCL – Visual COBOL is very helpful
- Expertise in Micro Focus, now OpenText, Enterprise Server, Enterprise Developer or other Micro Focus mainframe migration products – Enterprise Analyzer, Test Server
- Experience with Windows or Unix/Linux operating systems
- Relational databases, such as IBM, Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong troubleshooting skills, diagnostic analysis using traces, dumps and other tools, and hypothesis formulation and testing.
- Open to virtual Candidates in US or Canada
OpenText's commitment to diversity and inclusion surpasses legal requirements, evident in our Equal Employment Opportunity Statement of Policy which promotes a respectful and empowering environment for employees of all backgrounds, culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our proactive approach fosters collaboration, innovation, and personal growth, enriching OpenText's vibrant workplace.