Micro Focus (now OpenText) is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers. We deliver mission-critical technology and supporting services that help thousands of customers worldwide manage core IT elements of their business so they can run and transform—at the same time.
IDOL Server is an industry leader in the fields of Machine Learning, AI, Enterprise Search and Audio and Video Processing. Founded in 1996 and using a unique combination of technologies developed from research at Cambridge University, the company experienced a meteoric rise before being acquired, and now forms part of OpenText, one of the world’s largest software companies.
The team is seeking talented graduates to join our team in Cambridge. The ideal candidates will be able to work as part of a team or on individual projects, as well as possessing a positive and versatile approach to new and complex tasks. These roles provide an excellent opportunity to join an exciting growth industry.
What it takes
The R&D team is Cambridge’s largest department and is in constant need of top-class graduates. The opportunities range from software developers working on a variety of products to mathematical and algorithmic researchers.
The following qualities would all prove an advantage:
- Intelligence - a successful candidate will probably have or be expecting a II-1 or I degree in a technical subject (eg Maths, Natural Science, Engineering, Computer Science).
- Good working knowledge of programming in a Windows or UNIX environment, and knowledge of C or C++.
- Ability to function well in a small team, requiring self-motivation and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Python scripting
- Working knowledge of UNIX command-line tools (gnu/linux) and system administration
- Experience of creating scalable automated tests
- Agile and Scrum development
However, more important than years of experience is a desire to learn, and an ability to pick up new skills and solve complex issues.
Micro Focus’ (now OpenText) efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com.