Senior Principal Analog IC Design Engineer - Power management
Senior analog/power management designer (f/m)
Location : Caen/Sophia-Antipolis
C&S (Connectivity and Security) Analog/RF team develops combo chips for mobile phone market, including NFC technology + Secure Element technology, Bluetooth, WiFi and Ultra-Wide Band.
The key targeted markets are phone payment applications, secure transaction, gaming connectivity as well as connectivity for the Internet Of Things business
NXP is a world leader of Secure transaction business, especially for phone payment applications. This business is constantly growing. Over this lead position, NXP connectivity chips are integrated in the most famous high end gaming platform and still willing to extend this lead position.
We are looking for an analog designer in power management to join our team.
- Define key specifications, drive feasibility and design and perform simulations of power management blocks such as regulators, bandgap and dcdc converters
- Provide accurate estimations for silicon area
- Engage during design execution to meet aggressive schedule and specifications
- Offer guidance to digital and layout teams
- Hands on lab evaluation of silicon IC’s
- Work with verification and validation team
- Implement DFT strategy to achieve competitive test time
- Support test development engineers for production ramp up
- Contribute to regular peer to peer reviews and design reviews
- Support IC leader designers with customer demands
- Support the Group Leader for the planning and execution of projects and resource allocation
- Support / Mentorship of junior analog design engineers
Key Performance Indicators:
- Take responsibility for the power management part of NFC, UWB and BT products and drive leading edge solutions
- Meet agreed goals under pressure
- engaged, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic team player
- Passionate by analog design
- Master’s degree in electronic/electrical engineering
- Minimum 5-8 years hands-on experience in analog design of building blocks
- Solid fundamentals of transistor level integrated circuits and device physics.
- Proven track record of involvement in at least one IC that has reached high volume production
- Knowledge of layout matching and parasitics, latch-up, ESD, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills and way to work approach
- Good communication and team working skills
- Demonstrate innovative and creative attitude
- Taking initiative to propose and implement improvements
- Familiarity with EDA design tools and Cadence design environment
- Knowledge in power management design and applications is desirable