UWB RF Test - Technical Lead
Generic Job Description (not Job Level specific): The SW Test / Validation Engineer / Architect debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems. Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software. Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing. Non-engineer roles that are primarily performing audits and tests of software products in accordance with established test plans and procedures and are not involved in the development of test plans should be matched to Software Quality Assurance.
RF V&V / Test Architect
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Design V&V RF tests for NXP UWB solutions in the role of test architect
· Develop, execute and automate tests for characterizing key performance metrics of the system.
· Participation in technical reviews and product evaluation to make better solutions
· Debug and track the RF issues with system’s team until closure
· UWB silicon Transmitter and Receiver RF characterization
· Work on SDKs, debuggers, VNAs, power meters, and development tools such as UWB Sniffers, Encryption tools etc.
Education, Experience & Skills: Mandatory Skills:
· 12+ Years of relevant industry experience
· Bachelors/master’s degree in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Science Engineering
· Basic knowledge of fundamental concepts in Wireless Communications and Signal Processing.
· Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, etc. is required
· Knowledge of controlling instruments via socket, GPIB-USB interface through SCPI / VISA and automating these equipment is a must .
· Work experience in RF testing for any one of the UWB or Bluetooth or WiFi or LTE SOC is a must
· Work experience in Transmitter and Receiver characterization is a must.
· Knowledge of controlling instruments via socket, GPIB-USB interface through SCPI / VISA commands is must.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, debugging skills & interpretation skills
· Good oral & written communication skills
· Knowledge of C/C++ and Matlab/Simulink is a plus.
· Experience scripting languages as Perl or Python is desired
· Background in RTL design and analog/RF is desirable.
· Exposure to any technology - UWB, 802.15.xx based proprietary protocols is desirable