Business Development Manager
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
As part of our Fixed Networks Regional Business Center (RBC), you are a creative leader and member of our business development team. You have the opportunity to demonstrate and build your strengths in both business and technology while positioning Nokia’s market leading Fixed Networks (FN) portfolio.
What you will learn and contribute to
As our Business Development Manager you play a critical role leading our go-to-market strategy, working closely with customers and account teams to develop and showcase solutions for world leading broadband service providers including telcos, Cable/MSO and new entrants to broadband service delivery.
• Formulate strategy, positions solutions and guides business lines to address opportunities
• Develop and articulates value proposition for Fixed Networks technologies, products and solutions
• Drive opportunity development in cooperation with sales
• Provide commercial support to sales teams in developing customer proposals
• Perform market analysis, monitoring competitive activity, and identifies customer needs and market trends
Your skills and experience
• A Degree in Engineering or Computer Science with MBA or Business Management experience
• At least 10 years experience in a technical presales/sales environment
• Demonstrated communication, consultation, and business modeling leadership to guide executive level decision makers regarding technology decisions, network evolution and transformation strategies
• Broadband Technology and Market knowledge. Ideally a blend of knowledge with Passive Optical Networks, In-Home networking, 4G & 5G Fixed Wireless.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Industry expertise on access network solutions with an active network of contacts
• Ability to transcend cross business unit organizations, building a strong network and lead cross business unit initiatives
• Willingness to travel up to 40% of time for customer / industry engagements
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Be part of a closely knit, supportive team bringing broadband services to all segments of the market. The primary focus is for business development with North American customers; however, there is significant engagement with Nokia teams globally providing a worldwide view of the industry and the opportunity to engage with experts in other regions.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.