Software Test Infrastructure Developer (ID: 220000010U)
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
The 7750 Service Router / 7250 IXR Team has locations in Kanata (Ontario), Mountain View (California), Antwerp (Belgium) and London (UK). We are a team of highly motivated engineers with a passion for building the highest quality, edge and core routing platform for use by service providers, webscale companies and enterprise applications (https://networks.nokia.com/products/7750-service-router).
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our team, you will:
- Becoming familiar with our test infrastructure that has resulted many successful routing products in the market.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure tools to support our R&D community.
- Investigate and resolve issues related to lab and test infrastructure.
- Work with industry standard DevOps tools like Git, Nagios, Puppet and Ansible.
- Gain hands-on experience in various programming languages including python, perl and shell scripts.
- Communicate with software developers and testers effectively, understand their requirement and ultimately provide the best solution in a timely manner.
Your skills and experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent practical work experience.
- Proficient in Linux operating system
- Strong background in computer networking
- Cloud-oriented competence in Openstack/VMWare platforms
- Experience with virtualization and/or containers
- Solid programming skills, preferable experience with scripting languages such as python, TCL and Bash
- Strong analytical / troubleshooting skills
- Desire to go deep in details and get to the bottom of things
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills,
- Quick learner, self-starter, able to work in a team as well as independently
It would be nice if you also had:
- Knowledge on network security
- A solid understanding of computer h/w architectural building blocks
- Experience with database and SQL
- Experience using Git
- Experience coding large s/w projects outside of typical school projects
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality: • One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere • Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg • Workplace Pride Global Benchmark • LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.