Software Automation Developer
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
As Nokia's growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
Core Networks ENG R&D is looking for Test Automation Developer for the Nokia Policy Controller. Nokia Policy Controller is 5G ready and developed to cater for IOT demand. It is cloud native, utilizing Openstack, VMWare Vcloud, and Kubernetes. DevOps tools and automation are an integral component as well.
The Test Automation Developer will work with teams of people contributing to ongoing product evolution and driving test automation for the group.
What you will learn and contribute to
Are you passionate about solving problems? As part of our team, you will:
- As part of the agile development team, be responsible for test automation and quality assurance
- Participate to the evaluation of new tools and technologies bringing the best in test automation, CI/CD to the development team
- Prepare test plans and test cases (e.g., integration, system, reliability, stability and performance) according to product specification and architecture
- Ensure high quality and efficiency by automating everything and working closely with all developers.
- Mentorship of staff in best practices of QA
- Complete test execution, raise bugs and follow-up with the team to correct the fault in a timely manner to ensure on time product delivery with quality
- Responsible for overall application testing by using continuous development methodology & DevOps
- Help team members to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems quickly and efficiently
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor´s degree or equivalent experience required, candidates with degree in a technical field (CS, EE, etc.) will be more relevant.
- At least 7 years of experience in the below qualifications.
- Deep experience in test automation, testing metrics, and performance measurements
- Solid software development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages
- Knowledge in Agile development processes & DevOps practices
- Knowledge in Java, Cloud, Docker, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Databases, Containerized Applications, Microservices, etc.
- Experience with source control, load build, and testing tools: e.g., git, gitlab, gerrit, Jenkins
- Strong customer focus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
- Experience using Linux and Windows
- Fluent in oral and written English Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/ Knowledge)
- Passion, positive attitude, engagement, and desire to take over challenging assignments as part of a team, making things WORK with quality
- Self-starter - able to demonstrate strong sense of business ownership and leadership
- Team Player - able to communicate effectively across Practices and Customer Teams
- Experience in using and troubleshooting VIMs like OpenStack and its Heat Orchestration Templates
- Experience in using and troubleshooting VNFM like Nokia CloudBand Application Manager (CBAM)
- Experience is using and troubleshooting Kubernetes micro service applications
- Database knowledge: Operational experience in using Non-SQL Dbs like Aerospike
- Knowledge of microservice architectures
- Experience working in the Policy domain is considered an asset
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.