Solution Sales Manager
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Cloud and Network Services (CNS)
As Nokia's growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
The North America Packet Core pre-sales team is part of the global business group in CNS. We work closely with the Business Development, Sales, Product Management and Product Marketing teams to help effectively capture Packet Core product revenue in Canada and the USA.
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our team, you will:
- You will support our Canadian customers, prospects and their sales teams acting as their trusted advisor for Nokia’s products and solutions.
- You develop the technical strategy for each opportunity with the sales team and drive it to technical acceptance by the customer.
- You will often be in the position to drive required next steps toward technical acceptance of Nokia solutions with customers directly or via the systems engineering teams.
- You will work closely with the sales teams (sales executives, sales managers, sales engineers) on identifying opportunities and driving business to closure. Because Nokia is a large, diverse company, the sales team might not be expert in Packet Core technologies and with your strong technical background and clear understanding of the sales process the Sales Solution Manager acts as technical coaching to the sales team.
- You will meet with influential customer decision makers and communicate verbally or via presentation tools the exact details of Nokia’s product capabilities and the specific solutions being offered to the customer.
- You will develop technical collateral, such as white papers and PowerPoint presentations to demonstrate to customers how Nokia’s products and delivery capabilities are their best option for success.
Your skills and experience
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science (or related technical degree) or equivalent experience
- At least 6 years’ experience in pre-sales, systems engineer, consulting systems engineer, technical marketing engineer, and/or solution architect role covering Mobile Packet Core (3G, 4G and 5G), or demonstrated equivalence.
- A deep conceptual understanding and hands-on, testing and deployment experience of the following standards and technologies: 5G Packet Core architectures, network functions and call flows as well as cloud native principles, private and public cloud environments like AWS, Azure and Google.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills including excellent customer communication etiquette and presentation skills.
- Must be able to travel: The position does require business travel, usually within Canada or the USA to customer locations. It is expected that the position will require about 20% travel. However, during peak times, travel may increase to cover customer requirements. Candidate should expect that travel at any time, including with limited advance notice, is a requirement of this position.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Additional expertise with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) and application detection and control techniques or other value-added services and technologies such as NAT, subscriber firewall, video optimization, TCP optimization or MP-TCP gateways
- Experience on driving product requirements an working with R&D to adjust product behavior to specific customer requirements
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
As solution sales manager you will work in a distributed international team that is at the leading edge of the telecom industry where we merge 5G and cloud technologies at scale. Our winning team spirit values inclusion, impact through collaboration and ownership.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.