Mobile Solutions Design and Validation Engineer
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
The Mobile Solutions Lab is seeking an experienced and motivated engineer to help design and validate innovative network solutions for large mobile operators. Working within a collaborative and customer-focused team you will be part of the development and testing of advanced End-To-End mobile backhaul solutions. You will have access to a cutting-edge lab equipped with the latest products. The Mobile Solutions Lab supports pioneering network deployments utilizing Ethernet VPN (EVPN), Segment Routing, Segment Routing Interconnect Controller (SRIC) & Precision Time Protocol (PTP) synchronization. As part of the team, you will be responsible for the development and testing of advanced solutions from presales to post sales and beyond. The role is broad and dynamic and provides a unique opportunity for continuous learning and leadership.
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our team, you will:
• Communicate directly with the customer and with Nokia's IP Consulting team to understand detailed technical requirements.
• Plan and build test environments, developing advanced and innovative technical solutions.
• Perform proof-of-concept tests and customer demonstrations.
• Define, execute, and automate test plans to qualify the commercial deploy-ability of all proposed solutions.
• Knowledge share with the customer & regional teams to ensure solutions are successfully deployed.
Your skills and experience
• Experience with IP and MPLS technologies including (IS-IS and Segment Routing)
• Experience with MP-BGP / EVPN
• Experience with Service Router Operating System (SROS)
• Solid communication and team skills
It would be nice if you also had experience with:
• Netconf / YANG
• PTP / network synchronization
• Quality of Service (QoS) and traffic management
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality: • One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere • Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg • Workplace Pride Global Benchmark • LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.