Technical Lead, Automation
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
The ION SBU Network Management Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated individual with strong skills in software automation as well as leadership experience to drive the Software Automation and Solutions team.
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise
What you will learn and contribute to
The Software Automation Lead will be responsible for he following:
- Contribute and collaborate to develop the automation strategy for services delivery solutions across IP/Optical Network Business Line portfolio. Including architecture and technology choices with an objective to build and maintain automation tools to increase delivery efficiency.
- Lead multiple teams of developers/testers to design, build, deliver and maintain automation for tools for successful delivery of end to end software-based solutions for Nokia customers and internal delivery teams.
- You will work closely with the other teams including network design, requirements, test, product teams, project management, account teams, local delivery teams and Nokia end customers.
- Successful candidates should expect a hands-on technical role in a fast paced and rapidly evolving environment. Your focus will be delivering quality software solutions to meet customer requirements. This will require experience multitasking across many deliverables simultaneously.
- You will be challenged with continuous learning as our Products change to meet the demands of our customers.
- You will work with other software deliver teams to build integrated solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 10+ years experience in Software Development
- Minimum 7 years experience in managing software development teams and complex software development/deployment projects.
- Solid understanding and experience with various software development and test methodologies
- Experience with a variety of software languages and tools, integrating third party applications to build a cohesive solution
- Experience with IP and Optical networking technologies
- Experience with devops and CICD
- Knowledge of virtualization and cloud-based technologies
- Experience working on OSS/BSS implementation projects
- Proven ability to standardize and industrialize best practice software delivery processes
- Proven track record of delivering quality solutions on time & budget
- Strong customer orientation - willingness to do what it takes to meet customer needs
- 3+ years working directly with customers (remotely and on site)
- Strong leadership and management skills required
- Proven experience working with global teams and building out international teams to met increasing demand
- Experience working with outsourcing companies an asset
What we offer Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.