ServiceNow Software Engineer - ITSM/ITOM (UK)
*There is no Visa sponsorship available for this position
NewRocket, a global, full-service Elite ServiceNow partner, helps top enterprise leaders solve their toughest business problems and navigate change with confidence. The go-to ServiceNow guide, NewRocket was recently awarded the “2023 ServiceNow Worldwide Customer Workflow Partner of the Year”, “2023 ServiceNow Creator Workflow Partner of the Year” and named one of Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies.
We work with some of the world’s biggest brands, bridging the gap between what customers expect and what their technology can deliver. We #GoBeyondWorkflows to create new kinds of experiences for our customers. Come join our Crew!
NewRocket is a global team made up of ServiceNow professionals who help our customers run and grow their ServiceNow environments. We are hiring a ServiceNow Software Engineer with ITSM/ITOM experience. The Software Engineer is responsible for implementing and developing customizations based on functional and technical requirements using leading practices and internal code standards on professional services projects. The Software Engineer will handle the intermediate and execution phases of a given project while delivering an excellent user experience.
We will provide support and guidance to get you up to speed on some of the most amazing projects! We provide official ServiceNow training so you can achieve multiple certifications. We will set expectations for what success looks like. Then we will allow you use your skills and experience to come up with innovative solutions to achieve customer goals.
We are #GoingBeyond Come join our crew!
What You Will Be Doing
- Analyze, design, program, debug and modify software enhancements
- Write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications using current programming language and techniques.
- Assists in writing test scripts and completes unit testing
- Resolves routine issues and problems within projects and fixes defects found in testing
- Collaborate with delivery team and other engineers to understand, estimate, prioritize and implement requests for development and project requirements
What You Bring Along
- 4-6 Years of strong knowledge of software engineering principles for cloud-based platforms
- Strong understanding of the ServiceNow functionalities and features
- Solid knowledge of glide record usage, XML and structural programming concepts
- Excellent understanding of core object-oriented programming with hands-on experience developing for and/or customizing the ServiceNow Platform
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Ability to assess and mitigate risk
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to deliver excellent user experiences
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change
- A four-year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or demonstrated work experience
Certifications & Knowledge
The candidate must be willing and able to continue their education within the ServiceNow platform and beyond. It is expected that the candidate will be able to complete ServiceNow competency Certifications as well as Module Accreditations.
- ITIL Foundation
- ServiceNow CSA and CAD
We Take Care of Our People