ServiceNow Senior Software Engineer - HRSD (Canada)
NewRocket, a global, full-service Elite ServiceNow partner, helps top enterprise leaders solve their toughest business problems and navigate change with confidence. The go-to ServiceNow guide, NewRocket was recently awarded the “2023 ServiceNow Worldwide Customer Workflow Partner of the Year”, “2023 ServiceNow Creator Workflow Partner of the Year” and named one of Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies.
We work with some of the world’s biggest brands, bridging the gap between what customers expect and what their technology can deliver. We #GoBeyondWorkflows to create new kinds of experiences for our customers.
Come join our Crew!
NewRocket is a global team made up of ServiceNow professionals who help our customers run and grow their ServiceNow environments. We are hiring a ServiceNow Senior Software Engineer with HRSD experience. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for leading, coaching and mentoring a team of Software Engineers who provide the development of project professional services for customers. The Senior Software Engineer will implement and develop customizations based on functional and technical requirements using leading practices and internal code standards on large-scale more complex professional services projects.
We will provide support and guidance to get you up to speed on some of the most amazing projects! We provide official ServiceNow training so you can achieve multiple certifications. We will set expectations for what success looks like. Then we will allow you use your skills and experience to come up with innovative solutions to achieve customer goals.
What You Will Be Doing
- Analyze, design, program, debug and modify software enhancements
- Write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications using current programming language and techniques.
- Contribute to writing test scripts and complete unit testing
- Facilitate and mentor across multiple projects and/crews
- Provide technical expertise in code writing and reviews
- Collaborate with delivery team and other engineers to understand, estimate, prioritize and implement requests for development and project requirements
- Apply modern technology and innovation to improve platform functionality
- Deliver outstanding customer experiences by providing administration, development and support during implementation of ServiceNow solutions
May perform additional duties as assigned.
What You Bring Along
- Strong knowledge of software engineering principles for cloud-based platforms
- Strong understanding of the ServiceNow functionalities and features
- Solid knowledge of glide record usage, XML and structural programming concepts
- Excellent understanding of core object-oriented programming with hands-on experience developing for and/or customizing the ServiceNow Platform
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Ability to assess and mitigate risk
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Effective facilitation, coaching and mentoring skills with ability to motivate a team
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to simplify complex situations
- Strong relationship management skills with all levels
- Ability to deliver high degree of customer satisfaction
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change
- A four-year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or demonstrated work experience
Certifications & Knowledge
The candidate must be willing and able to continue their education within the ServiceNow platform and beyond. It is expected that the candidate will be able to complete ServiceNow competency Certifications as well as Module Accreditations.
- ITIL Foundation
- ServiceNow CSA and CAD
We Take Care of Our People
NewRocket is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We value and celebrate diversity, believing that every employee matters and should be respected and heard. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer, committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, citizenship, military, or Veteran status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please contact .