Senior Engineer II - Equipment
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to be a part of something great? Want to join a 20,000-member team that works on the technology that powers the world around us? Looking for an atmosphere of trust, empowerment, respect, diversity, and communication? How about an opportunity to own a piece of a multi-billion dollar (with a B!) global organization? We offer all that and more at Microchip Technology, Inc.
People come to work at Microchip because we help design the technology that runs the world. They stay because our culture supports their growth and stability. They are challenged and driven by an incredible array of products and solutions with unlimited career potential. Microchip’s nationally-recognized Leadership Passage Programs support career growth where we proudly enroll over a thousand people annually. We take pride in our commitment to employee development, values-based decision making, and strong sense of community, driven by our Vision, Mission, and 11 Guiding Values; we affectionately refer to it as the Aggregate System and it’s won us countless awards for diversity and workplace excellence.
Our company is built by dedicated team players who love to challenge the status quo; we did not achieve record revenue and over 30 years of quarterly profitability without a great team dedicated to empowering innovation. People like you.
This engineering position will support production and engineering personnel with test processes and equipment installation, modification and transfers. Supporting various toolsets within the Microchip Test Operations and development areas. This includes, but is not limited to, wafer probers, package handlers, ATE testers, ovens, and all associated equipment.
This is a small group setting where interpersonal relations skills are important.
Job grade is dependent on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Provide clear and concise written and verbal communication with technicians, production, engineering and suppliers.
- Self-motivated, with the integrity to work with limited supervision.
- Support improvement activities/teams with active participation.
- Follow Microchip's Test Operations manufacturing and safety protocol.
- Apply appropriate diagnostic techniques to identify and correct common failures on equipment sets and work with other production staff, technicians or engineers to collect and analyze process data.
- Utilize available training materials and certification requirements to assist in meeting assigned personal improvement goals.
- Interface with OEM suppliers and contractors on completion of installation, repairs and upgrades of equipment.
- Provide input to assist with development and optimization of equipment and process.
- Participate in work area team meetings.
- Attend training schools and sessions both on site and at supplier’s facilities to obtain knowledge and experience with assigned equipment sets.
Anticipated Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain effective communications between test engineering, product engineering, test technicians and production specialist to insure optimal equipment availability.
- Develop and implement equipment and process programs to ensure optimal equipment performance.
- Develop new concepts of maintenance to eliminate or reduce major equipment failures and downtime.
- Identify and correct any chronic problem areas, using both on-site and off'site equipment.
- Coordinate equipment and process activities with ERS lead and Production leads to minimize production delays.
- Provide necessary data for decision making and work with equipment suppliers to improve data collection.
- Maintain a high degree of expertise within the group by assisting in the training and development of ERS Technicians who are responsible for the repair, maintenance and calibration of existing equipment.
- Maintain a high degree of expertise within the group by assisting in the training and development of PPE Technicians who are responsible for system development and maintenance of new and existing equipment and processes.
- Provide expertise and support in the selection, source inspection, and acceptance of new equipment.
- Direct and supervise the installation of new equipment within the area of responsibility.
- Develop and implement running PM programs to assist operations in proper tool setup and monitoring of critical parameters on non-automated equipment.
- Participate in the product and equipment transfers.
- Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary
- BS with 7 + years or AA with 10+ years of experience in test equipment or equivalent.
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience in semiconductor test equipment.
- Experience installing, repairing and calibrating test equipment.
- Broad level troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication, planning, organizational & interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment, carrying out multiple projects at a time.
- Experience managing high profile projects.
- Positive can-do attitude with a lot of energy to break down barriers and tackle problems.
Critical Physical Requirements:
Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 60 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Wellness & Medical Benefits effective on your First Day of Employment
- Gold Standard in Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Free on-site medical clinic staffed by a licensed and certified Nurse Practitioner.
- On-site fitness center
- Quarterly Employee Cash Bonus Plan
- Restricted Stock Grant
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Absence Time - "Sick Pay"
- 10 Paid Holidays
Travel Time:0% - 25%
Physical Attributes:Bending at Waist, Carrying, Crouching, Electrical Hazards, Feeling, Handling, Hearing, Kneeling, Lifting, Noise and/or vibration, Other, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Seeing, Stooping, Talking, Works Alone, Works Around Others
Physical Requirements:Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 60 lbs. Mon - Fri 8 am - 5 pm. Standing 40%, Walking 15%, Sitting 45%, Driving 1%, Inside 99%, Outside 1%.
Pay Range:We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive base pay, restricted stock units, and quarterly bonus payments. In addition to these components, our package includes health benefits that begin day one, retirement savings plans, and an industry leading ESPP program with a 2 year look back feature. Find more information about all our benefits at the link below:
*Range is dependent on numerous factors including job location, skills and experience.
Microchip Technology Inc is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.