Hardware & Silicon Validation Staff Engineer - Automotive
At Marvell, we believe that infrastructure powers progress. That execution is as essential as innovation. That better collaboration builds better technology. Trusted by the world’s leading technology companies for 25 years, we move, store, process and secure the world’s data with semiconductor solutions designed for our customers’ current needs and future ambitions. Through a process of deep collaboration and transparency, we’re ultimately changing the way tomorrow’s enterprise, cloud, automotive, and carrier architectures transform—for the better.
The data infrastructure that our customers build has never been more critical to our global economy. It’s what’s keeping the world connected, businesses running, and information flowing. If you’re ready to excel, innovate, and truly enjoy your work, apply now for the position detailed below.
The OpportunityMarvell offers a complete portfolio of Automotive Ethernet products with Ethernet PHY transceivers and switches supporting speeds from 10Mbps to 10Gbps with enhanced safety and security features for today’s and tomorrows in-vehicle networks.
- Own and Maintain test bench hardware setups and scripts. Support development of coverage for next generation products.
- Electrical, functional, and feature validation of physical layer device system level platforms.
- Work closely across functional groups to determine and implement test methodologies.
- Develop test scripts to assist in customer system debug and issue resolution.
- Support test automation efforts across the product life cycle to improve efficiency.
- Support IC bring-up, debug, characterization, production test development.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields and 3-5 years of related professional experience. Master’s degree and/or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields with 2-3 years of experience.
- This position requires a detail oriented and highly organized individual. To be successful in this role you must be self-driven with excellent communication skills and ability to execute independently.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python and code revision control systems is required.
- Hands-on experience with test bench equipment (Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers etc) is required. Experience with lab equipment automation is desired.
- Experience with SERDES is a plus
- Familiarity with Ethernet transceivers and associated standards IEEE 802.3 is desired. Experience working with EEE/Macsec/PTP/SyncE features is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability reading circuit board schematics, register map documentation is desired.
- This job requires interfacing with various engineering functional groups including Design, Firmware, Applications, and occasionally customers.
- Experience working with any of the following standards is highly desired: MDIO/UART/JTAG/SMBus/I2C.
- This position is on-site and hands on.
Expected Base Pay Range (USD)100,040 - 149,800, $ per annum
The successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location and market conditions. The expected base pay range for this role may be modified based on market conditions.
Additional Compensation and Benefit ElementsAt Marvell, we offer a total compensation package with a base, bonus and equity.Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision coverage or opt-out credit; 401(k) with company match including pre-tax, roth and after-tax contributions; employee stock purchase program (ESPP); wellness & mental health support including coaching and therapy; family support programs including back up care, tutoring, and SNOO rental. Paid time off options include vacation time, holidays, volunteer days, sick time, family care leave, and bonding leave. For more information, please go to www.marvellbenefits.com.
Marvell provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with the company and will strive to improve performance. If you are driven, personable, and energetic, there will be additional opportunities for you here at Marvell.
At Marvell, we are doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. As part of our efforts to address the Covid pandemic and future epidemics, you may be required at any time by our policies or applicable laws to provide proof of applicable vaccination or to present negative test results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Any applicant who requires a reasonable accommodation during the selection process should contact Marvell HR Helpdesk at