Build a Bigger, Better, Bolder Future
Imagine working for a company that measures its success based off the growth of its colleagues, a company that invests in its future by investing in you. Little Caesars is a company where our colleagues make an impact.
Perform period end close activities including review and analyze profit and loss statements and balance sheets, prepare journal entries and reconciliations, prepare period end sales and use tax returns and maintain business licenses. Support operations by providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers. This position will handle confidential and sensitive information.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Prepare period end journal entries in accordance with the Company’s accounting close schedule, including standard entries and accruals.
- Review period end profit and loss statements, analyze variances between prior year versus budget and investigate root causes.
- Prepare period end account reconciliations; analyze, correct and be able to explain any variances.
- Review cash flow results by store and prepare analysis for underperforming stores to present to upper management.
- Resolve issues related to cash receipts/dailies, school lunch billings, bank reconciliations and other items that may arise.
- Prepare monthly sales and use tax returns for required market; coordinate with treasury/cash management to ensure timely payment.
- Assist with state sales and use tax audits.
- Review checks generated from Accounts Payable in comparison to underlying support (AP check register).
- Maintain all business licenses, health permits, personal & real property taxes and miscellaneous licensed and permits.
- Responsible for new business set-ups including, but not limited to phone/utility transfer, sale tax license, business tax license and etc.
- Act as primary contact for field personnel; responds to all questions in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance/training to less experienced retail accounting staff.
- Assist others in the department when needed.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and analysis when required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with a thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a general accounting capacity including general ledger, fixed assets and accounts payable.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Evidence of well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills with problem resolution based on sound, knowledgeable business judgement and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with all levels in the company.
Where You’ll Work:
- Works in a normal office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, noise, dust and the like.
- Travels to other businesses, site locations, construction sites, existing sites, stores and offices via automobile and/or airplane.
- Exposure to video display terminals throughout the day.