Location Address:2040 Algonquin Road, Sudbury
Number of Openings:1
Pay110,043.00 - 130,012.00
Job Posting Description:
District Manager, Sudbury
The LCBO Retail Division is looking for a highly qualified District Manager to lead our operations in Sudbury, Ontario! The District Manager is an inspiring leader who supports the stores through building brand awareness, leading critical initiatives, delivering on business results, hiring, mentoring, and encouraging strong store managers. This role ensures that the LCBO core values are followed and each store in the Sudbury area district provides exceptional customer experience. In this role, you will plan all activities within the district, manage a team of store managers, unionized store employees including Assistant Managers, Customer Service Representatives and Product Consultants. Reporting to our Northern Regional Director, the District Manager will achieve financial performance goals of each store and maintain a focus on employee safety, customer/employee engagement and social responsibility.
If you are the type of leader that builds and fosters a respectful and inclusive team by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a positive and engaging experience for our customers, then this role is for you!
About the Role
- Maintain retail customer service standards in each area of store operations.
- Ensure that relevant training and development opportunities are made available to all staff members.
- Establish and promote a collaborative, safe and productive work environment.
- Fiscally lead the district budget process and ensure store managers are aware of approved budgets and financial performance metrics.
- Support a centralized merchandising program and ensure that each store aligns with corporate directives to ensure accurate ready for business appearance.
- Conduct store visits and evaluations to ensure the execution of quality service.
- Supervise store compliance with promotional plans.
- Encourage Store Managers and CSR while developing individual accountability.
- Recognize and reward excellence in customer service.
- Resolve customer and employee issues.
- Ensure inventory is effectively handled within each of your stores.
- Build and develop a strong team that can deliver goals and targets and provide consistent leadership across all functional areas of the district.
- Conduct comprehensive examinations and investigations using root cause analysis to resolve employee and customer issues.
- Promote and communicate performance goals to store staff.
- Five years of extensive and progressive retail management experience (5+ years) leading a diverse team, preferably within a unionized environment.
- Education in Business Management, Operations or Hospitality management is an asset.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of growth and results in a high growth, fast-paced environment with multiple SKUs and fast turnover of product.
- Confirmed business expertise proven by leading budgets, controlling expenses as well as developing and achieving business objectives.
- Ability to proactively identify potential problems, threats and opportunities and develop solutions that effectively address the underlying concerns.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to identify problems and facilitate resolution.
- Experience in the principles of merchandising and marketing.
- A valid driver’s license is essential as travel is required.
- Organizationally astute, you have outstanding influencing and collaboration skills and can build strong working relationships.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment and able to be self-motivated.
- Approximately 70% of time will be in-store including weekends and evenings.
There is a world of opportunities at the LCBO…
Join an organization where you can be challenged while achieving your true potential. A place where you can make a positive impact supporting Ontario business and communities. Discover a safe, healthy, diverse, inclusive, and accountable workplace where your wellbeing is our top priority. At the LCBO, your contributions are respected and valued. Be part of our journey as we invest in people and technology to transform an organization. There really is a world of opportunities at the LCBO.
We foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, so everyone feels valued, respected, and heard. The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an interview or employment opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Union / Non-Union:Non-Union
Job Posting End Date:February 22, 2024
The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.