Cloud Test Architect
Kinaxis is the global leader in modern supply chain management. We serve supply chains and the people who manage them in service of humanity. Our software is trusted by renowned global brands to provide the agility and predictability needed to navigate today’s volatility and disruption. We combine our patented concurrency technique with a human-centered approach to AI to empower businesses of all sizes to orchestrate their end-to-end supply chain network, from multi-year strategic planning through down-to-the-second execution and last-mile delivery. For more news and information, please visit kinaxis.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Cloud Test Architect
Location: Ottawa-Hybrid; Other Canadian Locations-Remote
Employment Type: Full-time
The successful candidate will work as a Cloud Test Architect in the Product Verification (PV) team and under the broader Quality Team to ensure the cloud-native deployments and infrastructure delivered by the Cloud Engineering team are robust, efficient and cost effective. Additionally, the successful candidate will help to keep SRE, Cloud Engineering, QA, PV and Development connected during the R&D delivery process, ensuring they all build and operate our products in the same way to spot problems early, and to avoid duplication in CI/CD investment. This collaboration would inform product development, encouraging the teams to build quality measurement features into product to ultimately be used by SRE teams during ongoing operations.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive operations background and a deep understanding of how to engineer complex applications in cloud computing environments such as those provided by Azure, Amazon or Google. This expertise should extend to software development and infrastructure-as-code. As the Cloud Test Architect, the candidate will also help develop the broader quality team through training and development initiatives, bringing teams together, and fostering shared understanding across working groups.
You’ll get to do things like
- Provide leadership, inspiration and mentorship in the Development QA and Product Verification Team
- Using your broad and deep knowledge across all areas of Cloud Test and Development, oversee and provide high level guidance on all Cloud Test activities across all teams.
- Help drive continuous improvement. We aim for correctness, stability, scalability, performance, serviceability and reliability
- Work within our agile software development process (scrum/kanban, TDD, code reviews, continuous integration)
- Facilitate team innovation in the area of Cloud Architecture, Deployment and Testing
- Be a strong collaborator and communicator. Work closely with Product Management, Quality Assurance, Support, Cloud Engineering Release and other Development Teams. Ensure that communication flows freely.
You’ll need the following experience:
- 8+ years of extensive experience in all tiers of test and software architecture
- 5+ years of Cloud experience
- 3+ years of extensive experience with architecture and deployment of Cloud Services
- Experience with public cloud platforms (both console and API) like GCP (Google Cloud Platform), Azure or AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- CI/CD solutions (ie. Jenkins, Git, GitOps,)
- Containers and orchestrators (ie. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Argo CD)
- Extensive experience with infrastructure as Code (ie. Terraform)
- Experience working on cross functional scrum teams.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities to inspire, instruct and coach teams
- Ability to share knowledge and collaborate with others in the team/company.
- In-depth and proactive communication and documentation skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
And this will make you stand out
- Deployment of AKS/GKE clusters
- Proven practical experience in building and managing applications and microservices
- Configuration management tools (ie. Ansible)
- System monitoring and centralized logging platforms (Datadog, Prometheus, ELK)
- Network administration awareness
- Demonstrated ability to monitor/manage cloud spend
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.