Technical Support Engineer - L1 -Data-Center Switching - 1009574
“At Juniper, we believe the network is the single greatest vehicle for knowledge, understanding, and human advancement that the world has ever known.
To achieve real outcomes, we know that experience is the most important requirement for network teams and the people they serve. Delivering a network that puts experience first pivots on the creativity and commitment of our people. It requires a consistent and committed practice—something that we call the Juniper Way.”
Our people personify the Juniper Way through these values:
We pursue simplicity. We challenge the status quo, including challenging ourselves. We embrace diverse ideas and the change they bring. That’s what being bold is all about.
Our success is determined by our customer’s success. We say what we mean and take the initiative, so you can count on us to get things done.
We’re obsessed with exceptional quality. Even when we’ve achieved it, we’re always looking for ways to improve. And when we haven’t, we act fast to fix the problem.
Technical Support Engineer - L1 -Data-Center Switching - 1009574
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Juniper is changing what’s possible in networking. We’re going beyond building the networks customers expect — we’re building the networks customers deserve. And the world is taking note. But to continue to excel, we have work to do. Change in our industry is accelerating. To power connections and empower change, we need radical thinkers, eternal optimists, and energized personalities. We need people like you.
Success requires big thinking and high-reaching goals. Our culture breeds innovation. Here, you will have the opportunity to take chances and let your ideas grow. You will be supported by thoughtful, inclusive, and accessible leaders. You will have every chance to be a part of the conversation and seize our momentum. Your career will be better for it.
At Juniper, we strive to deliver network experiences that transform how people connect, work and live. We Power Connections, Empower Change, and we do that through our core values Being Bold, Building Trust and Delivering Excellence.
Do you want to solve complex problems and build systems that will change the Internet? Do you want to be part of a company that is on the cutting edge of technology? Do you want to work with a world-class team of engineers?
Position: Technical Support Engineer – Routing and switching
Role: Individual Contributor Role
This position is for the L1 TAC (Technical Assistance Centre) of Juniper’s M/T/Mx/PTX/ACX series products support.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic TAC (Technical Assistance Center) environment with High focus on Customer satisfaction. Able to determine problems quickly and deliver a Remarkable Customer Experience.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business.
- Take ownership for problem resolution, problem reproduction and escalation.
- Be a Team player, flexible to work on Weekends/Holidays as per the Business requirement.
- Be a fast learner and keep pace with newer technologies
- Support for Juniper’s M/T/Mx/PTX/ACX series products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and customer handling skills.
- Ability to logically troubleshoot complex and high impact problems.
- Technical Support experience supporting critical network infrastructures of Enterprise/Telecom or Cloud customers
- In-depth knowledge of the following:
- IP Packet flow, OSI layers
- Layer 3 - IP and related technologies (ICMP, TCP, IPSec, GRE, QoS, VRRP)
- IP routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS , RIP)
- Layer 2 technologies (Ethernet, 802.1q/p VLAN, STP, RSTP, ARP, PPP, MLPPP, LACP)
- Understanding/Exposure/Expertise in one or more areas:
- MPLS, VPLS, L2 and L3 VPN
- MPLS Traffic Engineering, LDP, RSVP
- Multicast technologies NG-MVPN, PIM
- Perl/Unix/Expect scripting
Requires B.E. in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science with 1- 3 years of experience supporting/Designing/implementing IP networks.
Candidates who have extensively worked on Troubleshooting, implementation and support of IP networks.
Juniper (routers, switches), Cisco, Nortel, Huawei, traffic generators (Ixia, Agilent)/ traffic simulators, protocol analyzers, testers etc (not all are required but some of these are good to have).
Preferred Certifications: - CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, JNCIA, JNCIS-M, JNCIP-M, JNCIE-M, CCIE-SP
Juniper is an Equal Opportunity workplace and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation
Juniper respects and is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals. Juniper processes job applicants' personal data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Notice
ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
Juniper Networks challenges the inherent complexity that comes with networking and security in the multicloud era. We do this with products, solutions and services that transform the way people connect, work and live. We simplify the process of transitioning to a secure and automated multicloud environment to enable secure, AI-driven networks that connect the world. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it's downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking - where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work-their life's work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job - it's an opportunity to help change the world...