Software Engineer Staff - 1009508
“At Juniper, we believe the network is the single greatest vehicle for knowledge, understanding, and human advancement that the world has ever known.
To achieve real outcomes, we know that experience is the most important requirement for network teams and the people they serve. Delivering a network that puts experience first pivots on the creativity and commitment of our people. It requires a consistent and committed practice—something that we call the Juniper Way.”
Our people personify the Juniper Way through these values:
We pursue simplicity. We challenge the status quo, including challenging ourselves. We embrace diverse ideas and the change they bring. That’s what being bold is all about.
Our success is determined by our customer’s success. We say what we mean and take the initiative, so you can count on us to get things done.
We’re obsessed with exceptional quality. Even when we’ve achieved it, we’re always looking for ways to improve. And when we haven’t, we act fast to fix the problem.
63415P-Software Engineer Staff - 1009508
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Juniper is changing what’s possible in networking. We’re going beyond building the networks customers expect — we’re building the networks customers deserve. And the world is taking note. But to continue to excel, we have work to do. Change in our industry is accelerating. To power connections and empower change, we need radical thinkers, eternal optimists, and energized personalities. We need people like you.
Success requires big thinking and high-reaching goals. Our culture breeds innovation. Here, you will have the opportunity to take chances and let your ideas grow. You will be supported by thoughtful, inclusive, and accessible leaders. You will have every chance to be a part of the conversation and seize our momentum. Your career will be better for it.
At Juniper, we strive to deliver network experiences that transform how people connect, work and live. We Power Connections, Empower Change, and we do that through our core values Being Bold, Building Trust and Delivering Excellence.
Do you want to solve complex problems and build systems that will change the Internet? Do you want to be part of a company that is on the cutting edge of technology? Do you want to work with a world-class team of engineers?
About the Position:
Are you passionate about innovating and building products and solutions that power the scalable, feature-rich networks of a connected, AI-enabled world? Do you want to see yourself being part of, and leading the build-out of network infrastructure that is at the foundation of such technology revolution?
Come and be part of the Packet Forwarding Engine (PFE) for Cloud Ready Data Centre (CRDC), which is helping realize Juniper’s vision of such next generation Data Centre products and solutions. You should join the team, if:
- You love learning and problem-solving
- You love to work amongst a highly driven and talented team of engineers, with a long track record of excellence
- You take pride in writing quality software, building products, and above all, solving some of the most demanding networking problems
- Articulate design, lead development and see through the deployment of switching software for Juniper enterprise and datacenter switching products.
- Work with Product management and other cross functional teams and develop detailed architectural, functional and design specifications to meet product requirements.
- Carry out detailed design, coding, unit and functional testing of software, fix complex defects, through entire lifecycle of the project.
- Lead development activity within the team, working with managers for detailed planning of tasks, setting intermediate milestones, strategizing execution.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers in the team for technical problem solving, and building long term expertise and competency.
- Work with cross functional validation/verification teams to ensure correct and complete verification of software and components, to meet real-life network deployments.
- Work closely with Juniper Technical Assistance Team, for providing engineering assistance in supporting critical customer escalations.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or similar discipline, with 10+ years of experience in networking and system software development
- Expert in data networking with in-depth knowledge in routing, switching, Layer-2 and Layer-3 forwarding, QOS, overlay technologies, e.g., EVPN, VXLAN, tunneling features, e.g., MPLS, GRE etc.
- Knowledgeable in high-speed packet forwarding technologies, e.g., network processors, and newer programmable forwarding models e.g., P4 or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of Layer2, Layer3 protocols, e.g., Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), LACP, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, BFD.
- Must have superlative problem-solving skills, proficiency in coding in C/C++ and debugging skills, must be expert in data structures and algorithms.
- Must have thorough systems knowledge in fundamental OS concepts in Linux or similar OS, skills to debug hard system level issues.
- Expertise in scripting technologies and techniques, familiarity with state-of-the-art devops methodologies and practices
- Good articulation and presentation skills on technical topics and subjects
Juniper respects and is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals. Juniper processes job applicants' personal data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Notice
ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
Juniper Networks challenges the inherent complexity that comes with networking and security in the multicloud era. We do this with products, solutions and services that transform the way people connect, work and live. We simplify the process of transitioning to a secure and automated multicloud environment to enable secure, AI-driven networks that connect the world. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it's downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking - where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work-their life's work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job - it's an opportunity to help change the world...