Service Operations Engineer
Service Operations Engineer
Posted: Nov 20, 2023
Location: New Delhi, IN
Who we are:
Irdeto is the world leader in digital platform cybersecurity, empowering businesses to innovate for a secure, connected future. Building on over 50 years of expertise in security, Irdeto’s services and solutions protect revenue, enable growth and fight cybercrime in video entertainment, video games, and connected industries including transport, health and infrastructure. Irdeto is the security partner dedicated to empowering a secure world where people can connect with confidence.
With teams and offices around the world, Irdeto’s greatest asset is its people - our diversity is celebrated through an inclusive workplace, where everyone has an equal opportunity to drive innovation and contribute to Irdeto's success.
The Role: Service Operations Engineer
In this role, you will join a multinational service operations team, who is responsible for proactively monitoring and resolving infrastructure and application incidents affecting Irdeto systems globally, whilst ensuring maximum availability and performance.
You will be a key contributor in coordinating communications to our Global customer base (including TV operators such as Charter Spectrum, ITV, and TataPlay) and Irdeto Engineering, SysOps, DevOps, Security, Architecture and Service Delivery teams. You will be a part of key stakeholders in root cause analysis of recurring incidents and raising escalations to backline teams as necessary.
If you are interested in the world of cybersecurity, cloud computing, and IT service management, this is a great opportunity. You will be at the forefront of managing the service operations for our leading security products, dealing with customers all around the world in a team of expert cloud engineers. You will also have wide access to online learning platforms to develop new (technical) skills and improve existing ones.
Your mission at Irdeto:
- As a SOC Engineer, you provide support for our internal & external customers.
- Responsible for troubleshooting incidents to quickly resolve the issues per documented run-books and procedures.
- Effectively respond to monitoring alerts, incident tickets, and information requests within predefined SLA’s. Handling communication and notifications on major issues to all stakeholders.
- Work on continuous improvement, development, and maintenance of procedures and their documentation.
- Automate operational tasks where applicable (Slackbot, FreshService workflows, etc)
- Work with core monitoring tools such as Splunk Cloud, Splunk Observability, Splunk On-Call, Grafana, Pingdom, and AWS (Amazon Web Services) CloudWatch.
- Perform troubleshooting to quickly resolve the issues. Provide maintenance and support for SOC tool suite This position will involve a 24*7 shift rotation.
How you can add value to the team:
- You have (recently) completed a Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. 1-3 Years of experience in IT.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused A true team player
- Willing to continuously improve your skills and gain the necessary expertise
- You have an intermediate understanding of Windows and Linux environments.
- Some scripting experience in one of these languages is advantageous: bash, python, PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS / Azure / Google etc.) is advantageous. AWS is preferred.
What you can expect from us:
Our people and culture are the heart of our business, and our values of Trust, Accountability, Agility and Innovation inform what we do, and how we work. We believe in investing in our talented employees and promote collaboration, creativity and innovation, health and well-being across our global workforce.
In addition to competitive remuneration and extensive benefits we offer:
- An international and multicultural environment where diversity and inclusivity are celebrated and embraced
- Professional educational opportunities and training program
- Innovation sabbatical
- Volunteer Day
- State of the art office space
- On the job coaching and mentoring
- Flexible work arrangements – via our Work Hard Anywhere policy.
- Some of us run city marathons and even go on snowboarding trips together!
- Casual Friday? Casual every day!
- US$ 500 net for your home office setup after you passed your trial period
- And many additional perks customized to global locations (canteen, fresh fruit, amazing coffee, parking, on-site gym, yoga room to name a few)
Irdeto encourages applications from people with disabilities, as we provide accommodation on request of the candidates that take part in all aspects of the selection processes.
Welcome to Irdeto!
Irdeto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Cloud, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Linux, Technology, Security