Principal, Real World Strategy & Innovation
Principal, Real World Strategy & Innovation
In our Real World (RW) Strategy & Innovation group, we set the strategy and drive innovation for Real World Evidence in the US, in collaboration with other IQVIA RWS teams. We do this in a market-back way, engaging customers as we design and deliver innovative, technology-enabled evidence programs for the pharmaceutical industry. We apply scientific rigor and advanced analytics to real world data to help our clients improve population health.
We are strategic thinkers, innovative technologists, deep subject matter experts and data evangelists who are passionate about driving better performance in healthcare. We are collaborative, intellectually courageous, entrepreneurial, and disruptive. Plus, we have the resource and structure of a large company in an environment where we empower our people to create their own solutions.
As a Principal you will have a leadership role on the team responsible for facilitating development of a US Real World Strategy that ensures IQVIA’s leadership in the US RWE market over the coming years. You will also be responsible for advancing, selling, and delivering selected innovative solutions with clients and a broad array of IQVIA stakeholders.
Innovation is at the very core of the Real-World Solutions (RWS) practice at IQVIA and in this role. Your success will be defined by how you work with the team to bring new concepts and products to the market. You will also be responsible for engaging clients to develop custom solutions, developing innovative product offerings and leveraging latest innovation in technology to develop value added solutions.
Strategy setting and market building
- Operate as a key part of the leadership team, driving development and deployment of new data sourcing and scientific methodologies
- Maintain strong knowledge of the US and global RWE markets and ensure that IQVIA has differentiated innovative offerings.
- Qualify and make key decisions on new opportunities to address market needs for complex real world offerings, e.g., cell and gene therapies, emerging therapies for Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s diseases and psychiatric conditions
- Deliver market-shaping thought leadership through webinars, client workshops, blogs, and other channels that engage clients
- Identify and frame external partnership and acquisition opportunities
- Build and maintain external stakeholder relationships to promote IQVIA market positioning, secure access to data and expand client relationships
- Lead project teams in articulating client specific requirements for new and “crawl / walk” stage offerings and then finding, assessing and knitting together relevant capabilities into specific client solutions. Priority TAs include Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease, and Psychiatric conditions
- Assume ownership and accountability for collaborative product development across RBUs and GBUs
- Direct the development of product development plans to ensure successful completion, on-time and on-budget
- Contribute to the development of the IQVIA thought leadership and innovation agenda
Client leadership and project delivery
- Collaborate with leaders from across IQVIA and RW Strategy and Innovation team members
- Provide end to end project leadership
- Consult with customers to fully understand their needs, develop high quality proposals to address these needs and lead project delivery
- Ensure optimal deployment of IQVIA resources
- Ensure that individual and group sales and delivery targets are met through the identification of new business opportunities
- Engage senior leaders at key accounts to drive growth opportunities.
- Lead teams of real-world professionals in the design, development, and delivery of complex RWI products to a high standard which meet or exceed client expectations.
- Engage closely and supervise cross-functional IQVIA teams to ensure the full complement of the company’s capabilities and solutions reach customers
Capabilities building and people leadership
- Expand capabilities and capacity in patient data assets and networks, healthcare intelligence tools and commercial and scientific services
- Responsibility for line management, coaching, mentoring and the development of more junior employees as well as participating in recruitment activities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Leadership experience in Healthcare with focus on data, scientific services, technology, and analytics / AIML including working with senior clients; deep background in at least one of these areas is necessary
- Managing teams to deliver client work to high quality and standards
- Intellectual courage and determination to devise and implement solutions critical to patients, clients and IQVIA, even in the face of significant challenges.
- Experience in product development, from initial concept development, market sizing through to product delivery plans
- A track record of driving US/global deals, aligned with suitable offerings development experience
- Proven ability to advance ambiguous or conceptual ideas and engage multiple stakeholders, internal and clients, to decision points
- A track record of thought leadership, publications, and public speaking
- Offerings development experience – familiarity with accepted innovations models e.g. open innovation, ideation, product platforming, immersion or similar would be beneficial
- Leadership experience in complex organizations with demonstrated results in aligning people without formal reporting relationships
- Good understanding of the types of analyses conducted in healthcare databases
- Overall understanding of different technology domains (infrastructure, architecture, analytics applications) and experience of managing technology programs
- Word and PowerPoint competent, the ability to develop clear storylines and business cases.
- Knowledge of consulting methods, tools, techniques
- Deep commercial awareness of the healthcare, health technology and pharmaceutical industry, gained through experience
- Understanding of and interest in the international healthcare environment and direct experience in multiple countries
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-statusThe potential base pay range for this role, when annualized, is $201,300.00 - $377,200.00. The actual base pay offered may vary based on a number of factors including job-related qualifications such as knowledge, skills, education, and experience; location; and/or schedule (full or part-time). Dependent on the position offered, incentive plans, bonuses, and/or other forms of compensation may be offered, in addition to a range of health and welfare and/or other benefits.