Operational Effectiveness Manager, Clinical Trial Payments (CTP)
The Operational Effectiveness Manager manages a portfolio of strategic and operational initiatives to deliver on organizational plans, vision, and mission. Manages projects and programs through facilitation of strategic planning, coordination and execution across the CTP organization. Supports material development and analysis to advance strategic priorities. Works in close alignment with the Clinical Trial Payments (CTP) functional businesses within IQVIA. Applies comprehensive knowledge of business intelligence practices, applications and advanced analytics to lead projects (in conjunction with Operational Effectiveness Dir) of sizeable complexity and/or scope, which have critical impact across CTP.
- Recommend strategic programs forming long-term business partnerships & maximizing the creation of global solutions that will accelerate operational process/productivity improvements within IQVIA. Address data capture, project planning, change/data/process management, compilation and high quality deliverable generation.
- Responsible for identifying, prioritizing, and implementing initiatives to improve productivity, quality, customer service and/ or reducing costs and complexity for CTP.
- Evaluate and provide feedback regarding risks, quality, and overall probability of success minimizing negative impact on project objectives and deliverables.
- Ensure initiatives are aligned with overall CTP strategy ensuring alignment and incorporation with overall IQVIA’ strategy.
- Engage in internal project management activities to support the effectiveness and efficiency of the CTP Leadership Team. Responsibilities include reporting on the overall health of the project initiatives, timely tracking and finalization.
- Act as a change agent through process redesign and approaches that support change and organizational transformation; remove barriers. Analyze trends and metrics within CTP to develop solutions that lead to a positive end result.
- Leads complex projects requiring facilitation and collaboration across organizational functions. Establish operational objectives and work plans.
- Address inquiries ensuring accurate, prompt and consistent resolution by following established channels and exceeding expectations.
- Provide continuous status updates, guidance and information to key functional partners and CTP leadership.
- Develop resourcing plans to deliver on project; collaborating with and presenting to Finance and key executive teams within CTP and Stakeholder organizations. Ability to execute based on having the right people / skills to deliver on project milestones.
- Drive scale & efficiency, resulting in better outcomes for CTP.
- Continually challenge the status quo and persistently dig for improvement opportunities.
- Drive innovation with respect to system, process, and technology improvements.
- Recognize operational issues / challenges and recommend pragmatic solutions.
- Positively influence appropriate levels of management to ensure that operational excellence activities receive the necessary support and resourced sufficiently to implement solutions.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience / training required.
Additional Work Experience:
- Experience in people management or leadership.
- Continuous improvement leadership applying the elements of lean / operational excellence.
- Program and project management experience: track record of effectively planning and tightly managing the scope and life cycle of a project, while balancing multi-stakeholders.
- Extensive experience working with global cross-functional management teams and successful relationship-building with clients, colleagues and leaders.
- History of managing successful in-depth project activities, with the ability to influence others to accept and adopt new practices and approaches.
- Excellent communication / presentation skills using various sources of presentation media. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with executives and garner levels of credibility.
- Ability to excel in an environment where change management is critical to success.
- Prior pharmaceutical/Life Sciences experience preferred.
- Complex problem-solving abilities with focus on accomplishing company goals and objectives, in a dynamic business environment.
Skills & Abilities
- Consistently exhibits behavior & communication skills that demonstrate IQVIA core values.
- Engage in critical thinking, work independently and collaborate effectively with peers and others to solve problems and achieve the best result for the organization.
- Foster a strong CTP leadership team partnership with a positive approach to problem-solving and project planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and time metrics with an ability to prioritize independently.
- Excellent business and industry awareness staying current on trends and impact on the business.
- Manage information of a sensitive nature with integrity while demonstrating discretion, confidentiality and good judgment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to visualize and assess complex business processes.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong influencing, problem resolution, motivation, coaching and negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills meeting the needs of all levels within the organization up to and including the executive management team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other data capture, compilation, and presentation tools.
- Familiarity and understanding of IQVIA systems such as Workday, CTMS, Insite, PeopleSoft and SharePoint / Spotfire systems.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-statusThe potential base pay range for this role, when annualized, is $95,100.00 - $142,700.00. The actual base pay offered may vary based on a number of factors including job-related qualifications such as knowledge, skills, education, and experience; location; and/or schedule (full or part-time). Dependent on the position offered, incentive plans, bonuses, and/or other forms of compensation may be offered, in addition to a range of health and welfare and/or other benefits.