Associate Director of Quality Assurance (Risk Analytics)
This position is an Associate QA Director in the Customer Strategy team who will serve as the strategic quality engagement lead for one or more key (i.e. accounts with established governance structures, account directors and multiple projects) IQVIA customers. The SEL role includes the following activities for the assigned customers:
• Collaborates with Quality counterparts at customers and with internal project teams to proactively promote, support and facilitate proactive quality through the identification and management of risks and implementation of quality improvement activities.
• Provides actionable insights from quality and operational data analysis and proactively working with the customer and the account team to develop action plans to drive continuous improvement.
• Analyzes trends in quality issue reporting and timeliness to ensure adherence to quality issue management requirements across project teams
• Supports the management and resolution of significant issues relating to quality.
• In collaboration with Quality Management, ensures projects are inspection ready starting at the design stage.
• Drives inspection readiness activities for the customer, including contributing to mock inspections by/of the customer
• Contributes to the development of the global risk-based internal audit plan.
• Advises customer Quality counterparts on the strategy for regulatory inspections and collaborates in the preparation for and management of inspections at customer offices and, as necessary, at investigator sites.
• Prepares for and actively participates in relevant Governance/partnership level meetings e.g., Quality Councils/ Joint Operations Committee (JOC) or equivalent meetings with customer Quality counterparts.
• Interfaces with senior management to discuss quality and compliance issues
• Interfaces with business development and operations to identify business opportunities
• Hosts and/or supports customer audits and ensures appropriate and sustainable action plans are developed and implemented.
Required Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
• Knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
• Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical research and development processes and regulatory environments.
• Considerable knowledge of quality assurance processes and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to positively influence and guide others
• Excellent problem solving, risk analysis and negotiation skills.
• Effective organization, communication, and team orientation and leadership skills.
• Possess applicable experience in conducting audits, writing audit reports and analyzing audits.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple responsibilities.
• Identify functional constraints and identify solutions.
• Ability to coordinate timelines with internal customers and external vendors.
• Ability to manage multiple activities and timelines.
• Ability to articulate and define departmental needs and processes.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
Required Education and Experience:
• Demonstrated experience leading and successfully and timely delivering on implementation of cross-functional initiatives and programs with senior executive leadership visibility.
• Demonstrated expertise in implementing a quantitative approach to risk management.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in industry, with at least 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, or other regulated industry with a focus on enterprise risk management activities.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com