VP & Global Key Account Director - Italy
Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics, and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
VP & Global Key Account Director – Italy
IQVIA has an opening for a talented Business Development and Account Management individual to join our Global Sales team in the role of Senior Global Key Account Director managing key clients headquartered in Italy.
We are in an exciting phase of further developing the Clinical & Commercial business. We do this through our deep understanding of the industry and developing intimate knowledge of our clients.
A successful Senior Global Key Account Director within IQVIA will lead new and thought-provoking discussions to challenge status quo and ultimately provide innovative solutions that address our clients’ key business challenges.
You must have a good appreciation of Pharma industry, IQVIA offerings and a very strong client network and ability to pull end to end solutions together to address client and industry need. Increasingly these engagements tend to be global, should be larger, more complex, and longer term to underpin the relationship and value we bring to our clients.
The IQVIA Concept to Market Solutions capabilities include but are not limited to; Clinical (R&D Solutions and Real-World Solutions), Compliance (Quality and Regulatory), Commercial Technology, and Commercial Solutions (Information, Consulting and Contract Sales & Medical Services).
- Lead Business Development and Account Management within designated key clients, delivering significant revenue targets in line with the customer strategy
- Engage and build strong relationships with senior executives and strategic leaders in the client organization
- A shared vision and client engagement strategy across the region
- Effective execution against client needs and IQVIA revenue targets
- Co-ordinate sales, business & service lines at a country, regional and global level to ensure.
- Gain intimate knowledge of the client and challenge with innovative ideas to develop and close opportunities, to provide end-to-end solutions, to grow the size/duration/value of sales over time.
- Develop a good understanding of the breadth of IQVIA capabilities to maximize ability to grow accounts
- Ensure clients are getting maximum value from existing services to which they subscribe, by liaising with the client to agree and define requirements any by conducting regular business and service reviews with clients and internal teams
- Work with clients and internal IQVIA teams to lead and drive client satisfaction with IQVIA services to underpin propensity for repeat, up-sell opportunities, positive referrals, etc.
- Collaborate with IQVIA colleagues across the organization to ensure they are engaged and aligned to the account strategy and support new business opportunities within clients. Work closely with colleagues to pull together successful, complex solutions for clients.
- Coach junior members of the Business Development and Account Management team
- Methodical completion of underpinning sale activities (e.g., account planning, financial reporting, opportunity management, etc)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Extensive knowledge of the Pharma industry.
- Previous experience of account management of clients $50m+
- Proven track record of solution selling across a diverse portfolio of capabilities
- Strong sales and opportunity management skills across the full sales cycle (from lead identification to contract negotiations and closing)
- Ability to engage board level contacts, as well as develop a network of senior and middle management contacts to build long lasting trusted partnerships
- Proven track record of managing a balanced pipeline of both short-term tactical opportunities and long-term strategic engagements. Sales value of $50m+ in single and multi-year engagements.
- Proven ability to manage multiple clients effectively
- Able to create strategic and tactical customer plans
- Strong understanding of financial reporting/forecasting and sales opportunity management
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office, to deliver professional client communications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to interpret and present complex concepts
- Proactive, self-motivated, and accountable with the aim to always drive positive client satisfaction
- Strategic thinker with a solution focus, combined with ability to execute tactically
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships and to work collaboratively to pull together client engagements and delivery of projects
- Fluency / Mother tongue in Italian & English
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
It's an exciting time to join and reimagine what's possible in healthcare.
Moving healthcare forward. Together.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com